Random social media stuff

Zico

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Ever listen to these @Marc505??

Ha! Good to know the people you put your life in the hands of is fully across everything 😂

I like the ones where people end up arguing, it's a bit of a worry!

This is a good story too featuring the Blackbird one of the fastest planes ever built, might be a TL:DR but it makes me laugh:

I’ll always remember a certain radio exchange that occurred one day as Walt (my back-seater) and I were screaming across Southern California 13 miles high. We were monitoring various radio transmissions from other aircraft as we entered Los Angeles airspace.

Though they didn’t really control us, they did monitor our movement across their scope. I heard a Cessna ask for a readout of its ground speed. “90 knots” Center replied. Moments later,a Twin Beech required the same. “120 knots,” Center answered.

We weren’t the only ones proud of our ground speed that day…as almost instantly an F-18 smugly transmitted, “Ah, Center, Dusty 52 requests ground speed readout.” There was a slight pause, then the response, “525 knots on the ground, Dusty.” Another silent pause.

As I was thinking to myself how ripe a situation this was, I heard a familiar click of a radio transmission coming from my back-seater. It was at that precise moment I realized Walt and I had become a real crew, for we were both thinking in unison. “Center, Aspen 20, you got a ground speed readout for us?” There was a longer than normal pause … “Aspen, I show 1,742 knots.” No further inquiries were heard on that frequency.

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, gonzo said:

100% DMT that. 

They call it the spirit drug for a reason.

5-10 minutes of the most intense hallucinations and light display you'll ever experience.

according to this guy in the know it's "Nicotiana rustica" or "Thuoc Lao"

and here is someone else doing rather a lot of it

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Love that last one. Nice respectable looking Mrs helping him out like hes just done a 5k run :D

Disappointed as I spent two weeks in Vietnam and no one ever mentioned this once to me

On 22/11/2023 at 12:00, gonzo said:

100% DMT that. 

They call it the spirit drug for a reason.

5-10 minutes of the most intense hallucinations and light display you'll ever experience.

Came out of it and way too quick for DMT - he's not know who/what/where he was for 15 minutes......

Apparently? 😆