Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

EFL Decision upheld.

Mounts Kipper

4 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

Surprised but happy. Staying up is back on. Nowhere for Hillcroft to hide now. Three and a half weeks of the window left; this is where they earn their corn.

They haven't hidden yet! We are still under a transfer embargo and yet they managed to cobble a new team together in 48hrs last August and signed another 3 players yesterday..

Until the transfer embargo is lifted then our management team cannot be properly judged/criticised..

7 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

They haven't hidden yet! We are still under a transfer embargo and yet they managed to cobble a new team together in 48hrs last August and signed another 3 players yesterday..

Until the transfer embargo is lifted then our management team cannot be properly judged/criticised..

Better choices can be made in this window. Time is the key. I have an open mind about Hillcroft. My judgement of them starts on February 1st. Coming to play for Bolton is still a pull, IMHO.

• Site Supporter

Was thinking same.

One or two Bolton supporters are on the Doncaster Forum apologising for what's happened. Not one of them mentioned the EFL's own rules about kids playing football. It also seems that someone fairly high within the club is posting openly on the forum giving lots of opinion.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=275602.0

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Was thinking same.

One or two Bolton supporters are on the Doncaster Forum apologising for what's happened. Not one of them mentioned the EFL's own rules about kids playing football. It also seems that someone fairly high within the club is posting openly on the forum giving lots of opinion.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=275602.0

FA youth guidelines for U23s games. Not rules. Nothing to do with EFL.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

FA youth guidelines for U23s games. Not rules. Nothing to do with EFL.

OK, so me pinning the "rule" on the EFL is wrong, apologies for that. It still stands that two different bodies, each being in charge of Association Football, have rules/guidelines/suggestions at odds with each other.

10 minutes ago, MickyD said:

OK, so me pinning the "rule" on the EFL is wrong, apologies for that. It still stands that two different bodies, each being in charge of Association Football, have rules/guidelines/suggestions at odds with each other.

Not saying you are wrong - you aren't. But that we broke EFL rules and the panel have accepted our mitigating circumstances which I suspect are mainly the EFL making a right cock up of it. The FA guidelines we cited will have helped - but I can sort of get why other clubs are unhappy. Their perception from the outside will be different to ours - they will just see a club in financial difficulty and no squad cancelling a game because they didn't want to play the kids again. If it were someone else we'd be exactly the same. 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Not saying you are wrong - you aren't. But that we broke EFL rules and the panel have accepted our mitigating circumstances which I suspect are mainly the EFL making a right cock up of it. The FA guidelines we cited will have helped - but I can sort of get why other clubs are unhappy. Their perception from the outside will be different to ours - they will just see a club in financial difficulty and no squad cancelling a game because they didn't want to play the kids again. If it were someone else we'd be exactly the same. 

I think you're probably right about the efl fucking up etc.

Other clubs however should be able to see the predicament the club was in, with the need to look after young players. The panel members have seen that and obviously agreed, therefore officials at other teams ought to have the wherewithal to understand the situation.

Smacks of sour grapes, so bollocks to them.