Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

What I have noticed is that celebrities, famous folk and the wealthy seem to be able to get tested and let the world know they have it without any problems.

Some things will never change I suppose.

But testing needs to increase massively if we are to judge how big this thing is. Surely.

Just now, Spider said:

What I have noticed is that celebrities, famous folk and the wealthy seem to be able to get tested and let the world know they have it without any problems.

But testing needs to increase massively if we are to judge how big this thing is. Surely.

Folk are paying for private tests.

We need  some way of knowing if you've already had it. Need some clever fucker to come up with some dead cheap home test you can do yourself.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Folk are paying for private tests.

We need  some way of knowing if you've already had it. Need some clever fucker to come up with some dead cheap home test you can do yourself.

Ok, so "The test" has been around for a while then? from the news channels it sounds like there's a shortage and I would have thought these are all in the hands of the NHS?

Civil unrest is close. It won't take much for people to start losing their shit and things like this fuel a fire.

Eat The Rich.

Edited by Spider

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Numbers are increasing

But, with so many self-isolating anyway; does I matter so much?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Numbers are increasing

Well yes. Panic is born of uncertainty. If we test more people the picture becomes more accurate.

Data is king right now, and to say only 4 people in Blackpool have it divides opinion. We need accuracy and testing fucking actors in London isn't it.

3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Numbers are increasing

There will be loads self isolating and not having it.

Seems a waste of time is they are just going to come out after 14 days and then get it and have to go through that shit all along.

We just need clarity, one way of the other.

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well yes. Panic is born of uncertainty. If we test more people the picture becomes more accurate.

Data is king right now, and to say only 4 people in Blackpool have it divides opinion. We need accuracy and testing fucking actors in London isn't it.

Ok

do we send nurses and doctors to people’s homes, or are they better off at hospitals?

We don’t have unlimited resource

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Ok

do we send nurses and doctors to people’s homes, or are they better off at hospitals?

We don’t have unlimited resource

Oh, I don't have the answers. I just think testing is something that would be helpful.

That bloke form the WHO said it, and he looked well clever.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

4 brooklyn nets players tested positive but only one showing symptoms. This is the problem that we could all have it have no idea or have had it and be partially immune and able to go about our lives. We just don’t know 🤯

One is in rehabs for a torn Achilles. Self isolation should be ok for him. 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

4 brooklyn nets players tested positive but only one showing symptoms. This is the problem that we could all have it have no idea or have had it and be partially immune and able to go about our lives. We just don’t know 🤯

Yep - we deffo need a test to show if you've had it.

The you get a green pass on a fancy new phone app I'm going to build so you're allowed to go boozing.

This time next year Rodders......

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I've had a cough since new year's eve- remnants of seasonal lurgy.

Maybe it was around ages ago.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've had a cough since new year's eve- remnants of seasonal lurgy.

Maybe it was around ages ago.

I’ve had a cough for a good few weeks now but no other symptoms. Problem is coughs are common place but we now worry. It’s a mindfuck and a half 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’ve had a cough for a good few weeks now but no other symptoms. Problem is coughs are common place but we now worry. It’s a mindfuck and a half 

It is indeed.

Bloke behind me in the queue in a shop sneezed. I turned round and smiled and he was all apologetic!

Then I noticed he'd sneezed over tubs of chutney that folk could fill a container from, and the lids were partly open.

I chuckled somewhat.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

For those who daren't have a dump, the Co-op on Bury Road has its next delivery of bog rolls on Friday morning at 6am, shop opens at 7am, will be gone in no time.

Remember the great Train robbery. Soon be great bog roll robbery- folk holding up lorries and slashing curtain sides.

I’ve just had a conversation with my largest customer who happen to be one of the big supermarket chains. The demand for their home delivery service is 6 times what it is in Xmas week currently!!  and demand in store they just cannot keep up. 

fwiw they are gearing up for home deliveries demand to remain constant at these silly levels For minimum of 3 months but are expecting realistically 6 months Read into that what you will 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’ve just had a conversation with my largest customer who happen to be one of the big supermarket chains. The demand for their home delivery service is 6 times what it is in Xmas week currently!!  and demand in store they just cannot keep up. 

fwiw they are gearing up for home deceives demand to remain constant at these silly levels For minimum of 3 months but are expecting realistically 6 months Read into that what you will 

Morrison's taking on over 3000 new folk; drivers and pickers.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Morrison's taking on over 3000 new folk; drivers and pickers.

It’s insane. We have the same amount of people as we did a month ago more or less and yet we now have an Insatiable  demand for produce that has grown exponentially 

Retarded cunts causing this. Shoot the lot of them