Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

12 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

There pobably isn't enough time for them to catch and overtake us. Or is there?

I couldn’t care less mate. 

See that some countries aren’t counting a-symptomatic cases as cases also? Like I said months ago. Comparing apples and picked onions in some cases 

The only thing that matters now is rolling out the vaccine. Boris press conference at 17:00. 

Do we all agree that they should be able to produce a basic plan of when the programme starts and  planned volumes on at least a weekly basis ? 

Just now, Escobarp said:

You can plan to vaccinate x number of people. That plan can only be met if folk turn up as well of course 

Hopefully those that do get the vaccine will then be given some sort of proof of vaccination, that way, if needs be, stuff can be opened up to those that have had the vaccine.

• Members

Daughter who works in care went for vaccine to nightingale hozzy in llandudno today ....loads of questions and then sent away without getting it .and told to come back in 14 days...She has had a test every Wednesday through work and has been clear every time for 8 months ...i think refused because her fella had the virus 3 weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

How my great grandparents died 👍🏼

Very sad.

if you're on Twitter you should follow Auschwitz - every day they give a little detail of individuals who perished there.  Very touching/moving and nice to give a little backstory of folk who just ended up as a number and a statistic.

How my great grandparents died 👍🏼

Really sorry to hear that pal, what camp were they at ?

I've done Auschwitz and Birkenau, awful.

Worked on a guy's house on Tonge Moor Road about 10 years ago, he was an Auschwitz survivor. Didn't see his sister again until the 1980's when the Red Cross reunited them, was a lovely old chap.

Just now, DazBob said:

Very sad.

if you're on Twitter you should follow Auschwitz - every day they give a little detail of individuals who perished there.  Very touching/moving and nice to give a little backstory of folk who just ended up as a number and a statistic.

I shall do that wasn’t aware of that. 

I visited the killing fields in Cambodia and the various prison camps there as well. Haunted me since the day I was there. Horrific. Truly horrific

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Very sad.

Yes, cracking acct, followed them for years. One of the old survivors Agnes, chats with me regularly. Truly inspirational old girl.

I shall do that wasn’t aware of that. 

I visited the killing fields in Cambodia and the various prison camps there as well. Haunted me since the day I was there. Horrific. Truly horrific

One i want to visit is Rwanda. Watched so many great films on that particular horrific genocide.

Just now, miamiwhite said:

Really sorry to hear that pal, what camp were they at ?

I've done Auschwitz and Birkenau, awful.

Worked on a guy's house on Tonge Moor Road about 10 years ago, he was an Auschwitz survivor. Didn't see his sister again until the 1980's when the Red Cross reunited them, was a lovely old chap.

Ive never got definitive details of any of it as wouldn’t know where to start and never had the inclination to do so. always found it a bit of a struggle  

Was my dads grand parents on his mums side and to my knowledge none of his siblings ever looked into it in much depth  either 

it’s quite a sombre and grizzly thing.

Just now, DazBob said:

I bet she is.  Nice, that. 👍

Ta pal, yes, she's a lovely lady.

There's another lady who follows me, can't think of her name just now, but she was attacked years and left for dead, yet miraculously survived whilst others around were slain.

Bloody horrific and heartbreaking reading her accounts.