Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cashless Future

Breightmet Boy

It looks like its coming in slowly, a good friend of mine has just left a pub after the owners want all business to go cashless and i should imagine others, if theyve not already done, will follow suit.  This should kill any tax dodging, money laundering, begging, druggy-thuggy dealing etc, thieving, burglaring.  Im all for it myself.

Just now, Breightmet Boy said:

It looks like its coming in slowly, a good friend of mine has just left a pub after the owners want all business to go cashless and i should imagine others, if theyve not already done, will follow suit.  This should kill any tax dodging, money laundering, begging, druggy-thuggy dealing etc, thieving, burglaring.  Im all for it myself.

I think Pizza Hut are the first big business to say they're not taking cash  - it'll happen everywhere eventually. When it does happen, it won't stop all the above activities, as they'll just find a more sophisticated way to hide transactions, by using crypto-currencies or something.

I know plenty who don't like the thought of it, myself, I'd be quite happy to operate without any actual physical cash

I pay by card for drinks at one of the pubs I use but cash for the quiz. Not sure how that would work out by card especially when paying out prize money.

The other pub I use regularly doesn't mind a card for a round of drinks but isn't happy if you're just buying one for yourself.

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Can’t get rid of ill gotten gains as easily. Will cause massive issues And plans are afoot to counter this  

so I’m told 

Wonder what they're going to do - only business I can see continuing to take cash payments are those for quick,  small transactions where connectivity is an issue - markets and the like?

Just now, peelyfeet said:

Wonder what they're going to do - only business I can see continuing to take cash payments are those for quick,  small transactions where connectivity is an issue - markets and the like?

Yep but sadly can’t launder through them not enough turnover. 

will be something thought of though of that I’m sure 

5 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Businesses in countries that still use cash - Africa

Yes but that doesn’t empty your lower level guy does it. And as bad as it sounds we need the money generated for the economy by the illegal drugs business 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Yes but that doesn’t empty your lower level guy does it. And as bad as it sounds we need the money generated for the economy by the illegal drugs business 

They'll sort it, the IPTV businesses take electronic payments, class themselves as software companies  

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I prefer cash if I’m on a big night out. Lost wallets on more than 1 occasion while pissed so don’t like taking cards out.

Cash pubs please

They'll just scan your face mask every time you want a pint Dave.

I was on a 3 day stag do in Amsterdam about 15 years ago

I wear glasses

First night, in a club, 15 of us absolutley off our boxes - we'd all had some pills that left us unable to talk

I ran out of cash because I'd bought all the pills and nobody was in a fit state to give me any money.

Went out of the club to find a cash machine.

Fell over a kerb with the cash card in my hand, took a right tumble, broke two fingers - glasses fell off and cash card went too. Couldnt find either

couldn't see, couldn't talk, had no cash, couldn't rememebr how to get back to the club, or the hotel, or what either was called

took me 6 hours to get back to the hotel, wandering the street of Amsterdam like a fucked up Mr Magoo 

1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

They'll just scan your face mask every time you want a pint Dave.

I was on a 3 day stag do in Amsterdam about 15 years ago

I wear glasses

First night, in a club, 15 of us absolutley off our boxes - we'd all had some pills that left us unable to talk

I ran out of cash because I'd bought all the pills and nobody was in a fit state to give me any money.

Went out of the club to find a cash machine.

Fell over a kerb with the cash card in my hand, took a right tumble, broke two fingers - glasses fell off and cash card went too. Couldnt find either

couldn't see, couldn't talk, had no cash, couldn't rememebr how to get back to the club, or the hotel, or what either was called

took me 6 hours to get back to the hotel, wandering the street of Amsterdam like a fucked up Mr Magoo 

This sounds like a quality night out 😁

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

This sounds like a quality night out 😁

We'd only been in the club about an hour.

I can vaguely remember getting moved on by a copper, chatting to some swedish bloke, getting a lift off some bloke who tried to feel me up. I came round after a few hours with a very sore hand,  but had no clue where the fuck I was, didn't have a mobile on me. Nightmare trying to get back to the hotel - had to ask directions every 20 ft. 

The rest of the weekend was shit - couldn't tell anyones expression  without my giggs.    

Edited by peelyfeet

1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

We'd only been in the club about an hour.

I can vaguely remember getting moved on by a copper, chatting to some swedish bloke, getting a lift off some bloke who tried to feel me up. I came round after a few hours with a very sore hand,  but had no clue where the fuck I was, didn't have a mobile on me. Nightmare trying to get back to the hotel - had to ask directions every 20 ft. 

The rest of the weekend was shit - couldn't tell anyones expression  without my giggs.    

I got kicked out of a sex museum in Amsterdam. Had my shirt off offering the security out cos I couldn’t understand why the “Barman wouldn’t serve me a drink”. 

40 pills between 4 of us in 3 days never going to end well.

the good old days 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I got kicked out of a sex museum in Amsterdam. Had my shirt off offering the security out cos I couldn’t understand why the “Barman wouldn’t serve me a drink”. 

40 pills between 4 of us in 3 days never going to end well.

the good old days 

Haha. Yes mate, those days have well gone for me now unfortunately. 

Good job probably. Theres a couple of my mates who didn't give it up, they look about 60 yrs old now

3 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Haha. Yes mate, those days have well gone for me now unfortunately. 

Good job probably. Theres a couple of my mates who didn't give it up, they look about 60 yrs old now

Whilst I have calmed down in a lot of respects I’m not out of the game and don’t think I ever will be. Hence why I look 55 😁

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Whilst I have calmed down in a lot of respects I’m not out of the game and don’t think I ever will be. Hence why I look 55 😁

Unfortunately I'm a "menace to society" as the mrs puts it, if I get the chance. Can't be trusted and will do anything to get more  once I've had one, so abstinence is the key to maintaining a normal existence. When the kids leave home I might be a bit harder to contain