Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Bolton v forest green

radcliffe white

2 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I didn't want Cheese to Hound anybody , my point being his refusal to acknowledge any kind of problem with yesterdays showing . Was I knee jerk,  well yes probably .

I don’t think Cheese ever posted that yesterday wasn’t shit

in fact I’ve not seen anyone post that anywhere

The debate is what exactly is being shit yesterday means long term. And I’m with cheese in that hopefully it’s v little. But we just don’t know yet. Some of the whinging and calls for his head on social media is nothing short of embarrassing 

5 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I don’t think Cheese ever posted that yesterday wasn’t shit

in fact I’ve not seen anyone post that anywhere

The debate is what exactly is being shit yesterday means long term. And I’m with cheese in that hopefully it’s v little. But we just don’t know yet. Some of the whinging and calls for his head on social media is nothing short of 

But he never said it was until he was put on the spot about it. But me &Cheese have agreed to look at it a couple of months and then discuss things,  hopefully he is right and it's all honky dorey. 

Edited by dusan nikolic

Hounding players directly isn’t going to do any good 

Should be free to have a good moan on here though 

For the first time in about 4 years we’ve got a budget in the top half a dozen in the league (if not the biggest). A lot of business was done early and some great players have been brought in (for this level) 

The 3 competitive performances thus far have been well behind where they should be. As ever here I think the manager will be given time, but expectations are way beyond what Hill and Parky (Championship years) had to deal with, so they should be 

Needs to start producing some good performances as a bare minimum, poor results can be accepted if the performance is positive. 

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Most footballers are on social media because their sponsors ask them to be

I doubt Sarcevic has just signed a £10m deal with Puma.

Get off it lad 

I fully agree, I don’t understand why any footballer that isn’t financially incentivised is on there. It’s full of maniacs and kids that are in both cases crying out for attention, which means that 90% of what is said on there is extreme in either a positive or negative way.

The same people that will have been giving it the “My captain 😍” bollocks at 11am yesterday will then have been sticking the boot in at 5.30pm.

Still think his best move if he was that arsed what a load of kids and overweight nutcases think was to just not click on the blue fucking bird on his screen though.

• Members
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I fully agree, I don’t understand why any footballer that isn’t financially incentivised is on there. It’s full of maniacs and kids that are in both cases crying out for attention, which means that 90% of what is said on there is extreme in either a positive or negative way.

The same people that will have been giving it the “My captain 😍” bollocks at 11am yesterday will then have been sticking the boot in at 5.30pm.

Still think his best move if he was that arsed what a load of kids and overweight nutcases think was to just not click on the blue fucking bird on his screen though.

I’d get them all off it. Let’s focus on the football. No fans to scream at them in the stadium 😂 need to be as positive as possible 

47 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

I thought Gordon's lad looked ok in defence considering he hadnt played in the previous games .

Really? i thought he looked like a player just plucked from Norwegian third division myself. No where near even this level (not alone tbf. Santos as well). Thats my main worry are some of these actually good enough to do what Evatt wants? i will wait ten league games before deciding tho.

13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d prefer an experienced ex premier league keeper organising my defensive line, we are conceding to many goals that can’t go on and that bit of experience might make all the difference. 

You also said yesterday he should change to 4-4-2. He’s come in with a plan and to try and change the mentality. Whether we have the players and whether it comes good we will see. But after one half of league football asking for 4-4-2 when I believe he has never played that before is not going to happen. We’ve gone for a fresh approach with a young manager. I suppose in your eyes we should have gone for mick McCarthy or warnock and just lumped it forward. Yesterday was crap I’ll give you that but I’ve had enough of those shit dinosaur managers that just defend and play percentage football. I’ve seen enough from the Bradford and Crewe games to see what he’s trying to do and am prepared to give it more that one bloody league game ffs

Edited by superkev

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d prefer an experienced ex premier league keeper organising my defensive line, we are conceding to many goals that can’t go on and that bit of experience might make all the difference. 

We're conceding too many goals because we're getting turned inside out too easily and because too many of our defensive line are in the opposition half when it happens. 

Crellin is fine.

7 minutes ago, superkev said:

You also said yesterday he should change to 4-4-2. He’s come in with a plan and to try and change the mentality. Whether we have the players and whether it comes good we will see. But after one half of league football asking for 4-4-2 when I believe he has never played that before is not going to happen. We’ve gone for a fresh approach with a young manager. I suppose in your eyes we should have gone for mick McCarthy or warnock and just lumped it forward. Yesterday was crap I’ll give you that but I’ve had enough of those shit dinosaur managers that just defend and play percentage football. I’ve seen enough from the Bradford and Crewe games to see what he’s trying to do and am prepared to give it more that one bloody league game ffs

Playing 4-4-2 doesn't have to mean we judt lump it forward. It's a different formation, that's all.

That’s what a lot of teams in this league do. He said he’s come in with a philosophy to change the mentality and play a passing, pressing game with wing backs etc. I presume he isn’t going to change that because we’ve lost a few games. Like I said I saw enough in the cup games to see some sort of plan, but admit yesterday was shit. The goalkeeper certainly doesn’t seem to be the problem for me. Admittedly if we are bottom of the league after ten games then maybe you could call him out, but it’s been one league game and the shit on Twitter to sarcevic does suggest an over reaction 

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Footballers ( or any other sportspersons) have to take the rough with smooth when using social media can’t pick & choose 

A sportsman on Twitter is stroking his ego when the going is good. To leave Twitter when the going gets tough is a bit cissy. I’d prefer him to ignore but know it’s there; use the negatives to spur on an improvement so that the ego stroking starts again.

3 minutes ago, superkev said:

That’s what a lot of teams in this league do. He said he’s come in with a philosophy to change the mentality and play a passing, pressing game with wing backs etc. I presume he isn’t going to change that because we’ve lost a few games. Like I said I saw enough in the cup games to see some sort of plan, but admit yesterday was shit. The goalkeeper certainly doesn’t seem to be the problem for me. Admittedly if we are bottom of the league after ten games then maybe you could call him out, but it’s been one league game and the shit on Twitter to sarcevic does suggest an over reaction 

I think you'd be surprised how few teams play 4-4-2 and hoof it in this league. 

I agree about the overreaction on Twitter though. There's a lot of bellends on that hashtag.

7 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think you'd be surprised how few teams play 4-4-2 and hoof it in this league. 

I agree about the overreaction on Twitter though. There's a lot of bellends on that hashtag.

Ok maybe not hoof it but every side we have played has had a unit up front that they regularly play to. Maybe Evatt has one of those in the pipeline