Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, fatolive said:

To show they can do it maybe. 
timed for the opening of the Baltic pipeline. 

as for how much gas, there’s loads in it  all the time, under pressure, the length of both the pipes and diameter gives a sizeable volume to leak . 

Why is there loads in it, if its not being pumped to Germany?

That would suggest the Germans could just take what they want as it's under pressure and it would flow.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Why is there loads in it, if its not being pumped to Germany?

That would suggest the Germans could just take what they want as it's under pressure and it would flow.

Which way would it flow? It would flow towards the lowest pressure . 
 It’s under pressure both ends. 
basically. Without Russia pumping it ( increasing the pressure ) the pressure of Europes mains system would be equal to it so it wouldn’t go anywhere so it’s there sitting under the pressure of both sides 
it’s a giant grid. 
that’s very simplistic but changes in pressure determine the flow. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Which way would it flow? It would flow towards the lowest pressure . 
 It’s under pressure both ends. 
basically. Without Russia pumping it ( increasing the pressure ) the pressure of Europes mains system would be equal to it so it wouldn’t go anywhere so it’s there sitting under the pressure of both sides 
it’s a giant grid. 
that’s very simplistic but changes in pressure determine the flow. 

Could Germany not just get a massive hoover and suck it all out?

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, little whitt said:

what do Germany need all that Gas for 

Thought they stopped all that shit 

They made a deal with the devil and were warned. Been boosting their economy for a good while. Now its come full circle and bit them on the arse.

They also downgraded their nuclear stuff, and didn't really have much by way of being able to bring lng in.

Recession looming there too.

27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They made a deal with the devil and were warned. Been boosting their economy for a good while. Now its come full circle and bit them on the arse.

They also downgraded their nuclear stuff, and didn't really have much by way of being able to bring lng in.

Recession looming there too.

They’ve also started up their coal fired power stations after they were mothballed. In 2021 coal was 64$ a tonne. They are now buying it at 400$ a tonne.

• Site Supporter

The US is sending 18 more HIMARS to Ukraine. They have about 16 already plus some older but still useful M270 launchers from us and Germany but this is Russia's nightmare. They just don't have much to counter this kind of kit, they are trundling around in soviet tanks and PVs.

Biggest issue for them though is logistics, they rely on trains and clapped out wagons that are hand loaded and unloaded, not a pallet in sight the backward fools. 

38 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

The US is sending 18 more HIMARS to Ukraine. They have about 16 already plus some older but still useful M270 launchers from us and Germany but this is Russia's nightmare. They just don't have much to counter this kind of kit, they are trundling around in soviet tanks and PVs.

Biggest issue for them though is logistics, they rely on trains and clapped out wagons that are hand loaded and unloaded, not a pallet in sight the backward fools. 

They lost this war a long time ago, maybe even the moment they decided to invade and increase what gains they already had. And they know it.

I've always had no time for scaremongering about this whole thing until very recently but I really don't know what the end game is to this anymore. All those early potential off ramps Putin had open to him to knock this on the head and save some face are gone.

Now you have a situation where he can claim "sovereign" Russian territory is under attack when Ukraine attempts to regain areas subject to these referendums and in that situation the more unthinkable options start to become a possibility. I didn't believe he would be mental enough, but as he decides to throw thousands of completely useless "reserves" into the sponsored-by-NATO-meat-grinder, now I'm not so sure.

12 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

They lost this war a long time ago, maybe even the moment they decided to invade and increase what gains they already had. And they know it.

I've always had no time for scaremongering about this whole thing until very recently but I really don't know what the end game is to this anymore. All those early potential off ramps Putin had open to him to knock this on the head and save some face are gone.

Now you have a situation where he can claim "sovereign" Russian territory is under attack when Ukraine attempts to regain areas subject to these referendums and in that situation the more unthinkable options start to become a possibility. I didn't believe he would be mental enough, but as he decides to throw thousands of completely useless "reserves" into the sponsored-by-NATO-meat-grinder, now I'm not so sure.

Seems he’s holding back. Sign of weakness or cunning plan. As you say, it’s difficult to see his end game. Lots of theories in the comments. Who knows.

• Site Supporter

I read that and to me, "PR effect" means folk are seriously pissed off. So much so that it is worrying the police and FSB in many areas within Russia and also in their occupied areas of Ukraine.  They are massively overstretched and backfilling with people who haven't got a clue what they are doing or why they are there.

45 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Seems he’s holding back. Sign of weakness or cunning plan. As you say, it’s difficult to see his end game. Lots of theories in the comments. Who knows.

The idea of mass country-wide unrest is great, as is hearing that bordering countries have been  refusing access to Russians trying to flee to effectively say to them "if you think your leader is an idiot, go do something about it".

I don't think there's anything the citizens could do alone that's big enough to force any kind of tipping point though. Plenty of room in the gulag.