Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

• Members

I've just had a look at my Covid pass and it does have my name on it, so it SHOULD be easy to police. Just show your pass and any form of ID that has your name on it. Whether many establishments would bother to do this check I'm not so sure.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

That's a shit comparison, card, cash, you gotta pay for stuff.

And I give my card to the missus to use, the shops/pubs never check the name on it, neither will they check the name on a vax passport, deeming the process absolutely useless and pointless.

It’s an invasion of privacy, just handing my card details over like that. Boooooo

18 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

We had the temperature test gun at College enrolment last August, I didn't get one of the jobs, but would have loved aiming a gun at Students foreheads on entry to the campus.

"What's your temperature motha fucker" 😁

My Mrs was on BBC breakfast doing it at a reporters head.

Using a test gun that is.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

This is the only hurdle now to us fucking Covid off forever: 54% rise in NHS absences.

Get rid of isolation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59769251

Won't/can't happen for some years yet. They asked Dr Chris (naked scientist) about that this morning, and basically, until our response to it is less damaging overall it's very unlikely.

Also consider that there are so many unvaccinated still about- can't have their sensitivities being offended remember. 

People who are happy to go along with vax passport because its no skin off their nose are missing 2 vital points. 

1 - it the thin end of the wedge, once it's in you are at the mercy of the goal posts shifting. They can add something to the criteria you don't feel comfortable with, a 4th jab or anything else for that matter. 

2 - they are not scientifically helping to reduce the spread wherever they've been brought in

They're fucking pointless but if it keeps me out of the pub listening to jab shagging gammons boring everyone with when they had their booster, which fucking brand it was or how efficient it all was so be it 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

That's a shit comparison, card, cash, you gotta pay for stuff.

And I give my card to the missus to use, the shops/pubs never check the name on it, neither will they check the name on a vax passport, deeming the process absolutely useless and pointless.

The checking is indeed a bit weak. That isn't the point though; officials are perfectly aware of limitations, but the  majority will actually produce a legitimate vaccination record or test result. In that sense it works, isn't useless nor pointless.

If subsequently it becomes abused, and things continue to get worse then more restrictions may result. That is very much the fault of those abusing the situation, and fucking it up for everyone.

We could be entering a draw from now on for a place in a crowd of 500, like those in Nicola land. I know which position I'd prefer us all to be in.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

People who are happy to go along with vax passport because its no skin off their nose are missing 2 vital points. 

1 - it the thin end of the wedge, once it's in you are at the mercy of the goal posts shifting. They can add something to the criteria you don't feel comfortable with, a 4th jab or anything else for that matter. 

2 - they are not scientifically helping to reduce the spread wherever they've been brought in

They're fucking pointless but if it keeps me out of the pub listening to jab shagging gammons boring everyone with when they had their booster, which fucking brand it was or how efficient it all was so be it 

Others tend to disagree. Significantly. 

The mere suggestion in France brought many more young folk in to be vaccinated. So it worked. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

😘😘😘

When I’m king, I’ll build a pub in every town just for the antivaxxers.

You can all stand about, supping Peroni (cos you’re just sooooooo cool), and wanking directly into each other’s faces as you discuss how edgy and knowledgable you are.

It’ll turn into a massive clusterwank, you all climax as you chant “No jabs for me, it’s full of 5G” and litres and litres of manglob will shoot into eyes and up noses, a huge antivaxxer bukkake 

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Others tend to disagree. Significantly. 

The mere suggestion in France brought many more young folk in to be vaccinated. So it worked. 

So it's scientifically proven but only because people were coerced into having a jab. 

Righto 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Now come on Daz, that's a bold statement.

Vax Passports are divisive across all groups of society, and that's something we really need to avoid, and as stated previously they don't protect you from getting and spreading covid.

Similar to other policies, like closing pubs at 8pm etc... Covid doesn't  suddenly appear at 8pm, it's farcical.

We either lockdown fully or we don't, no half measures, however its proven that lockdowns haven't worked in the past, they were put in place to protect the spread of the virus and the NHS, which worked the first time around, now, I'm not to sure they will work again and whether people will adhere to them as much.

Fuck that!  If the only option on offer for pubs to stay open is to show a vaccination passport then it's a no-brainer.

Regarding it being proven that lockdowns don't work - I don't think that's been proven one way or another has it?

As I said earlier, I'm not really arsed one way or another (as long as the pubs DO stay open), but I will enjoy watching how riled the anti-vaxers get about it.