Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Radio. The wireless.

Spider

Back in the day Peter Jones doing the footy on R2 (which was the sport channel back in the 70s); class, as was Jimmy Armfield later on R5.

Tommy Vance - "TV on the radio". Mind you, looking him up on wiki his real name was apparently Richard Anthony Crispian Francis Prew Hope-Weston 🤨

"RACFPHW on the radio" isn't quite as catchy...

Used to get call outs from kids who'd written in that made me laugh in the late 70s. Tried to sound "metal" but there was usually a give-away...

e.g. "To Sex-Wolf, from Rock-God. Good luck with your O-Levels".

• Moderators

Rarely listen to radio since Spotify came along and only ever in the car if Jonny Vaughan or 606 is on 

Also enjoy Pick Of The Pops if it's 80s or 90s, I like the sound of Paul Gambaccini's voice, he could follow me round narrating my day if he wants 

11 hours ago, Whitestar said:

LOL, i have always said i want Paul Gambaccini to read out things at my funeral. Great voice.

Not having  a funeral, I've told the missus to do one of those cheapo incinerations like David Bowie and chuck me into the wheelie bin

• 2 weeks later...