Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford (a)

L/H White

20 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

What a brilliant day that was

Not our best performance but such a change since Christmas,  we lost that in December,  now always a chance and keep going.

Baka is frustrating,  he tries hard and some of his closing down is great, but he was woeful in the sir and personally I would have hooked him before Charles for dadi,  then he pops up with that winner. What the fuck do I know!

The players love it though, we have our club back and we have players who love our club. It is fucking ace!!

I'm sure that was said after Ipswich, Shrewsbury, Morecambe, Charlton too (and 2nd half Cambridge).  Who cares, its about being reasonably solid at the back and having some creativity elsewhere, played in a formation that suits the players, with round pegs in round holes.  As you say, we've got our club back and its ace!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

I think it was a must win we don’t play that many above us till the end of the season so we can’t take points of them it doesn’t move us up but a loss would have made the gap to top 6 tough 

We play Wigan, MK, Sheff Weds and Plymouth as it stands 

The latter two are at home, big games them 

We've Also beaten 3 teams above us on this current run since our last defeats, both to teams above us 

29 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

He's having a good spell at the moment. All his goals are in and around the 6 yard box and it's good to have someone with those instincts. He works hard but he needs to work on his hold up play. Too many times the ball just bounces off him, but if he keeps putting the ball in the net then nobody will give a shit. 

I was responding to Deanu talking about Jon Dadi! 😁 I agree with your take on Baka though.  His 2nd touch is often a tackle or header!  But justifying his place currently, without us being in a situation where we care if he gets rested.

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

I was responding to Deanu talking about Jon Dadi! 😁 I agree with your take on Baka though.  His 2nd touch is often a tackle or header!  But justifying his place currently, without us being in a situation where we care if he gets rested.

Does nowt but score. 

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Also, wtf with their keeper at the end? Pointing to put it on Trafford then running into him Sir Nat stylee

Wanker

He probably knew neither the ref nor the linesman would see anything untoward. 

In fact,  as bad as the ref was,  the linesman in front of us was worse. He missed a few offsides which could easily have led to us losing

45 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Every now and then Johnny we agree. This is one of those times. He isn’t the most technical of footballers, hes told to do a job and he does it, give the defenders shit, defends our corners, put la a graft in, hold it up, knock it wide get in the mixer. Excellent.

These are very strange times we are living in!

37 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I still find it hard to believe that Marlon Fossey has only made 13 League appearances in his life.

He looks like he’s been playing league football for years.

Dapo's about a year older and he'd only played 16 league games before he joined us.  Thomason is 3 years younger and he's already played 30.  Dapo and Fossey, 2 unbelievable finds/free signings (hoping Fossey become permanent) considering they have no connection with the north or with IE.