Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Takeaway Leftovers....

Youri McAnespie

5 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I hate chucking food out but disposed of a pizza from Friday and a curry from Sunday, I toyed with the idea of sticking the latter on the former and microwaving it to death...

I ate some week old cheesy garlic bread once - it was fine.

If you don't eat it the same evening you buy it, just chuck it in the bin, and buy new you fucking tramp. 

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

If you don't eat it the same evening you buy it, just chuck it in the bin, and buy new you fucking tramp. 

You probably don't have a microwave in your caravan. They probably don't deliver to your site either as you just take the food and don't pay.

I live on my tod and don't carry cash, so end up buying about £20's worth and as I'm not a fat greedy fuck I only eat about half.

I've binned about a hundred quids worth since Christmas.

Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

You probably don't have a microwave in your caravan. They probably don't deliver to your site either as you just take the food and don't pay.

I live on my tod and don't carry cash, so end up buying about £20's worth and as I'm not a fat greedy fuck I only eat about half.

I've binned about a hundred quids worth since Christmas.

Funny you say that, we don't own a microwave actually 😉

For some reason, people always think that's a bit odd

Anyway, no way do you "buy £20 worth" you definitely scavenge in the bins at closing time, so whilst technically you are eating leftovers, they're actually somebody elses leftovers

9 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Funny you say that, we don't own a microwave actually 😉

For some reason, people always think that's a bit odd

Anyway, no way do you "buy £20 worth" you definitely scavenge in the bins at closing time, so whilst technically you are eating leftovers, they're actually somebody elses leftovers

Spider, who learned to make custard once, in an afternoon class, likes this ^.

Chefs have microwaves at home - they heat up micro-chips and Stagg Chilli FACT.

They also eat Pot Noodles and Rustler burgers.

They're also dope-shooters.

And most chefs have come home, drunk, and made chips, but fell asleep on the couch watching a French film on Channel 4, and set fire to the kitchen.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Leftover chippy - back in the oven on a low heat for about 20 minutes. Bloody lovely! 

Can't be arsed with that, just curry sauce it and nuke it, sometimes with chips or fish I just stick them in in the paper, although this sometimes involves in fire, usually destroying the microwave - the same applies to pizza still in the box also.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Five hours even in winter out and it's fucked, bin it.

Yep. 

Quite rare that I have a takeaway and if I do it’s usually pizza I’m not against eating that the next day 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Yep. 

Quite rare that I have a takeaway and if I do it’s usually pizza I’m not against eating that the next day 

I'm a lazy bastard in winter, having to put the extractor on and the radiator on, I just eat utter crap but mainly just a meal a day, or milk. Eggs raw Rocky style, I think I ate a week old pizza once, veggie one, just ran it under the tap and nuked it for ages. Was alreet - bit crispy.