Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Obnoxious Cunts In Pubs.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Does anyone else find that since the pandemic, knob heads piss you off even  more than they used to?

I don’t mean normal people doing normal things, i mean like obnoxious twats in pubs, or someone sat near you acting like a prick at the match shouting a load of bollocks, or a driver cutting you up on a roundabout.

I just find myself getting more wound up than i used to.

I think i’ll watch ‘Falling down’ again later on a loop.

I find myself going the other. I’m more of a ‘fuck it, I can’t be arsed with pricks like you’ type.

next time in said pub I’ll tell the owner I left because of an arsehole like that so you’ve lost out on some money

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Not so much obnoxious, but me and the wife was in a local pub last night and one of the neighbours was in, we have only said hello politely to him previously.

He was full of tales, round the houses type fella, strung em out, was funny at first, but 2 Stella's later we left.

Highlights: 

I'm a 3rd Irish, 3rd Welsh and a 3rd English. (He couldn't really make his mind up who he wanted to win in the 6N Eng v Wal game)

My cousin got pregnant and dropped the baby, 2 months later she dropped another, she's like a fucking chicken, she got pregnant again whilst she was pregnant, the Doctors to this day still cant work it out.

Roman Keatings brother came over from Dublin just to meet me when I was working at the pub at the top of the street, sent personally by Ronan himself, he knew about me because they used to call me the Pope around these parts because everyone knew me and I knew them, I know there families personally now and I'm godfather to one of the kids.

We went to Norway on a stag do, was also a fishing trip, took 29 hours to get there, 4 of us fished out of a tin bath in 2000ft waters, going back it took us ages to get back through passport control, because my mate Ged, who's real name is Steven Gerrard wasn't allowed to go back because the Norwegian authorities said he was using a footballers name, and he kept saying my name is Ged, I'm not Stevie Gerrard but it's my real name, but everyone calls me fucking Ged, and Stevie G doesn't call himself Ged.

'I fucking slept last night' 

Nowt worse than a Walter. And even worse in a boozer when you have to listen to it or leave. 

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Not so much obnoxious, but me and the wife was in a local pub last night and one of the neighbours was in, we have only said hello politely to him previously.

He was full of tales, round the houses type fella, strung em out, was funny at first, but 2 Stella's later we left.

Highlights: 

I'm a 3rd Irish, 3rd Welsh and a 3rd English. (He couldn't really make his mind up who he wanted to win in the 6N Eng v Wal game)

My cousin got pregnant and dropped the baby, 2 months later she dropped another, she's like a fucking chicken, she got pregnant again whilst she was pregnant, the Doctors to this day still cant work it out.

Roman Keatings brother came over from Dublin just to meet me when I was working at the pub at the top of the street, sent personally by Ronan himself, he knew about me because they used to call me the Pope around these parts because everyone knew me and I knew them, I know there families personally now and I'm godfather to one of the kids.

We went to Norway on a stag do, was also a fishing trip, took 29 hours to get there, 4 of us fished out of a tin bath in 2000ft waters, going back it took us ages to get back through passport control, because my mate Ged, who's real name is Steven Gerrard wasn't allowed to go back because the Norwegian authorities said he was using a footballers name, and he kept saying my name is Ged, I'm not Stevie Gerrard but it's my real name, but everyone calls me fucking Ged, and Stevie G doesn't call himself Ged.

I hate it when some boring fucker insists on telling long tales, it's not so bad if it's worthwhile at the end, but it usually isn't.

Same folk usually demand your ultimate attention + constant eye contact, whilst not letting you get a word in.

I usually get bored after about 20 seconds and start whistling and looking around or summat

3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I've  now got to dodge him when I take the dog out for a walk, which is impossible because he lives further up the street, I'm in the cul-de-sac, it's one way out. 

Gonna have to go incognito 🥸

Hide your caller ID, and just ring his landline as you near his house. You and pooch can just slip past as he is pre-occupied. Simples.

3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Well we have one for broadband but never use it for actually making calls 

You don't need a bloody landline, it's a swizz.

Where's the nearest callbox to you? Nowhere, because they're obsolete.

Landlines, tell them to get fucked. I get unlimited calls, data and texts for about a tenner a month, twenty quid for mifi wireless Internet. I don't think I've had a wired phone in 18 years. Tell them to piss off.

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Who has a landline? My decrepit older sister has one (very small and flat) - really who has a landline?

I tried ditching my Virgin Media landline as the only folk using it were the South Wales call centres whose soul purpose in life is to piss folk off. Virgin told me I could get rid of the landline but the cost of broadband would increase to beyond the current broadband & landline package.

Edited by MickyD
Fat finger

10 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I tried ditching my Virgin Media landline as the only folk using it were the South Wales call centres whose soul purpose in life is to piss folk off. Virgin told me I could get rig of the landline but the cost of broadband would increase to beyond the current broadband & landline package.

Tell them to piss off - Three do unlimited data 5g wireless for 22 quid a month. Phonewise giffgaff do unlimited calls and texts and 15gb of data for a tenner a month (golden goodybag).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

6 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Highlights: 

Just do what I do get my drink and walk off

the mrs says I’m rude & antisocial I just can’t do talk with boring fuckers who I have nothing in common with 

7 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Just do what I do get my drink and walk off

the mrs says I’m rude & antisocial I just can’t do talk with boring fuckers who I have nothing in common with 

Pubs are fortresses of solitude - you might have cursory conversations with folk worthy and vice-versa. When The Brooklyn existed I'd just find a quiet spot in the lounge, it's like going on the bog, you want peace and non-interruption.

Dole dossing southern cunts who've been forced up here are the worst.

4 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I hate it when some boring fucker insists on telling long tales, it's not so bad if it's worthwhile at the end, but it usually isn't.

Same folk usually demand your ultimate attention + constant eye contact, whilst not letting you get a word in.

I usually get bored after about 20 seconds and start whistling and looking around or summat

This 

5 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

And once they sense that you’re about to walk away they grab hold of your arm and pull you closer 

2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

It’s far funnier to keep moving and have them move with you and walk them round 

Nah, I don't like being touched by strangers - I'll happily kiss male friends on the cheek (facial not buttocks, unless...) handshakes or male hugs with randoms but anyone else laying hands on me (women, trannies aside) unsolicited - I do not like. A former Mayor of Bolton did it to me once waiting at the bar, I threatened to commit extreme acts of violence upon him with extreme prejudice.

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Nah, I don't like being touched by strangers - I'll happily kiss male friends on the cheek (facial not buttocks, unless...) handshakes or male hugs with randoms but anyone else laying hands on me (women, trannies aside) unsolicited - I do not like. A former Mayor of Bolton did it to me once waiting at the bar, I threatened to commit extreme acts of violence upon him with extreme prejudice.

I am beginning to like you more every day.

• Site Supporter

Used to be a bloke in my local who was a staunch Liverpool fan for years (never went to a game though). Proper obnoxious twat always singing Liverpool songs and wearing a Liverpool shirt while sat in the pub watching them on Sky. He did some labouring for one of the other locals who was a Manchester United season ticket holder, and he took him to Old Trafford one day as he had a spare seat. Overnight the twat became a Manchester United fan. Not a kid either - he was in his mid-40's at this point. From then on, he'd sing Manchester United songs and call Liverpool fans 'murderers' etc. It was fucking bizarre.

Anyway, he was in the RAF for a few years, and he used to tell a story about being in a pub in Preston, when he "spotted a member of the IRA". According to him, he was allowed to carry a pistol even when he was off duty, so he shot the bloke dead in the middle of the pub. "Everyone went mental, but when the coppers turned up, I just flashed my ID card and they told me to get out of there and they'd deal with the rest". We later discovered that his job in the RAF was as a dog trainer.

Edited by Cheese