Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pele

Didledee

My first sighting of Brazil was in 82 with Zico and Socrates. Brilliant team with defensive flaws. The generation before me reckoned then that Pele was the best and still does. The footage is limited but from what there is you can see the sheer talent. 

1982: Now we want Pele! and 1966 Bromwich Street. Our own links to the great man.

RIP

I am pretty sure that Boby is correct and the Brazil team stayed at Hale which is posh Altrincham. So donning my old bloke

best route hat, I think that the team coach would have turned left from Bromwich Street onto Bradford Street and then up to

Manchester Road near the Tec and thus passing Burnden Park and on to Moses Gate. On through Farnworth by Egerton Street

(made one way street about this time) or Gladstone Road to reach Albert Road and straight to Walkden. ie old 42 bus service.

The coach would pass Walkden HL Station on it's way to Worsley and the early but short section of motorway from there to 

Stretford. So white fans may have spotted the great man in very unlikely setting. I actually saw Pele at Bromwich Street which

was quite a decent sent up - sadly to go the same way as most of the Embankment.

9 hours ago, Woznotwas said:

I am pretty sure that Boby is correct and the Brazil team stayed at Hale which is posh Altrincham. So donning my old bloke

best route hat, I think that the team coach would have turned left from Bromwich Street onto Bradford Street and then up to

Manchester Road near the Tec and thus passing Burnden Park and on to Moses Gate. On through Farnworth by Egerton Street

(made one way street about this time) or Gladstone Road to reach Albert Road and straight to Walkden. ie old 42 bus service.

The coach would pass Walkden HL Station on it's way to Worsley and the early but short section of motorway from there to 

Stretford. So white fans may have spotted the great man in very unlikely setting. I actually saw Pele at Bromwich Street which

was quite a decent sent up - sadly to go the same way as most of the Embankment.

Clockwise or anticlockwise?