Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Diouf To Barcodes!

Gonk

This topic has been done several times but I truly despise admiration of Diouf. Largely flattered to deceive, thought he was bigger than the club and for some bizarre reason expected top teams to crawl after him when he requested to leave, even though he did fuck all most of the time.

A player that tells the media he wants to leave whilst deep in a relegation battle at my beloved club will always be a prick as far as I'm concerned. Bolton fans idolising a player that came out and said that need to have a word with themselves.

And his best game came at Charlton away while he was on loan at us for me. Came on at half time and totally changed the game.

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

1. he didn't do it often enough

2. he was a cunt

3. very frustrating to watch

4. he was a cunt.

I'm of the opinion that he'd offer very little to a Premier League club nowadays: more hassle than he's worth.

And did I mention I think he's a cunt of the highest magnitude?

all true but I put forward the case for the defence

1.He was a cunt but he was our cunt

2.If he wasn't at our club we would of been endlessly patronised to within an inch of our lives like Wigan and Blackpool

3.He wound up the opposition fans even more than our yoof

4.Helped to create some atmosphere lets face it the only way he could be more of a panto villain was to grow a big curly moustache

This topic has been done several times but I truly despise admiration of Diouf. Largely flattered to deceive, thought he was bigger than the club and for some bizarre reason expected top teams to crawl after him when he requested to leave, even though he did fuck all most of the time.

A player that tells the media he wants to leave whilst deep in a relegation battle at my beloved club will always be a prick as far as I'm concerned. Bolton fans idolising a player that came out and said that need to have a word with themselves.

And his best game came at Charlton away while he was on loan at us for me. Came on at half time and totally changed the game.

Blame megson!!

Yes probably should blame Megson, under Allardyce Diouf felt comfortable hence he followed him to the Dingles despite that blatant conning of the ref for that pen up there. Megson was a cunt but he ws never our cunt ,no ties to the club wound up our fans more than the opposition yoof and the only way he would be more of a pantomine villain would be if he had a big curly moustache

• Moderators

nailed

Ok then, I wouldn't sign him now. But wind the clock back, who thinks he was a bad signing for us?

He was a very good signing, very talented player and skinned many a player with his ability, his signature trick, the scoop twist was great to see, put his foot on the ball whilst turning inside a player with the ball looking like it's glued to his foot.

His departure wasn't great, however his goal against Sunderland in the 2-0 win was the goal that somehow made us survive in the season that looked like relegation was a certainty, us and Fulham did the great escape.

He was part, & at times a very important part, of some of the greatest times I've had watching Bolton. I loved watching him for us - yes he could be frustrating & a nob sometimes but as has been said on this thread a few times he was our nob. On his day he was also a fucking legend for us.

Don't really understand people who cheered him from the rafters & are now slaughtering him. I couldnt give a toss what he has or hasn't done at other clubs.

I like dioufy.

But he was a cunt at the end of his contract.

I'd still have him back because is decent player.

Agree with both comments Homerjay, hes a cunt but I would have him back too. I met him quite a few times, he did a lot of work for childrens charities, that I know for sure.

Diouf is a bit like Big Sam, both did great things for Bolton, however some people choose to ignore all of that and just remember/mention their departures, which I didn't like either, but both of 'em were involved in the best years of this club, Sam more so like.

Diouf signing for Liverpool was a classic error of a signing based on one game - Senegal v France. By his own admission they paid 5 times his worth.

As a loan signing for Bolton it was a great deal. Gave the chance to see him and his game before committing to buying and paying all his wages.

Allardyce managed him well and kept some of his disciplinary measures in-house. Some days he was obviously not there but on some he was brilliant. But it's all in the past - not needed here and now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.