Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Makes no difference, except they sometimes roll off like a dalek before spilling their guts.

Fair enough but we just get boxes for recycling and as it's cardboard week it's bloody everywhere. I also have to get up at 5 to put the bin bags out so the Foxes don't tear into them. A wheelie bin would be much appreciated at that time of the day.

Missed it this morning so tip trip on sat.

Blowy here too.

No doubt I'll be doing the rounds with my ladders this weekend, twenty five quid a slate is a good little earner, I don't charge the old 'uns and there's a discount if you have a friendly missus/teenage daughter

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Fair enough but we just get boxes for recycling and as it's cardboard week it's bloody everywhere. I also have to get up at 5 to put the bin bags out so the Foxes don't tear into them. A wheelie bin would be much appreciated at that time of the day.

Missed it this morning so tip trip on sat.

Bit backward that isn't it?

16 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Yep, I've lived in a few london boroughs and most you have to pay for your wheelie bin. So, like me, most don't and leave a ton of bin bags out front every other week.

Having said that - just seen a lad go up the street collecting all the blown over rubbish so fair play.

20 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

We have two bins and then covered tubs (or buckets as they call them). 2 of each for plastics/ glass and paper/cardboard. 

plus a food bin 

Edited by Escobarp

Leave London alone.

Every day living there is like the opening scenes of Paddington 2.

Anyone worth there salt would've studied and/or worked harder in order to get a pretend job then live and work there, well, maybe work there, live about forty odd miles from there.

In the water tank of a block of ex-council flats.

Weekly rent - three grand.

Only uncouth parochial racists who pronounce quinoa as Quinn-oar remain in the ghastly north.

15 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Leave London alone.

Every day living there is like the opening scenes of Paddington 2.

Anyone worth there salt would've studied and/or worked harder in order to get a pretend job then live and work there, well, maybe work there, live about forty odd miles from there.

In the water tank of a block of ex-council flats.

Weekly rent - three grand.

Only uncouth parochial racists who pronounce quinoa as Quinn-oar remain in the ghastly north.

Quite right. At last someone speaking the truth. 

• 3 weeks later...

Currently 20 deg.

Bike ride after breakfast. Loop line from Farnworth then along the path towards Middlebrook. Passed a fellow cyclist in Great Lever at 9.30. He’d stopped to drink his can of lager.

Run out on the Lambretta, a bit of gardening, cleaned the BBQ, prepared the chicken souvlaki and now sat in the garden reading a book with a glass of Czech lager.

Forecast snow at the weekend.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Currently 20 deg.

Bike ride after breakfast. Loop line from Farnworth then along the path towards Middlebrook. Passed a fellow cyclist in Great Lever at 9.30. He’d stopped to drink his can of lager.

Run out on the Lambretta, a bit of gardening, cleaned the BBQ, prepared the chicken souvlaki and now sat in the garden reading a book with a glass of Czech lager.

Stonking.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Currently 20 deg.

well my money is on @Youri McAnespie