Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
gonzo

This Weather.....

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Spider said:

Just arrived in Scotland. Living on an exposed part of the Galloway coastline for the next week.

The wind is unlike anything I’ve ever known. It’s painful to just stand in.

24 hours of rain like this and there’ll be some real trouble.

I was there when all the boats went down in the fastnet race

If you're anywhere near new England bay, check it out

If you're near stranraer, don't waste 20 minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Casino said:

I was there when all the boats went down in the fastnet race

If you're anywhere near new England bay, check it out

If you're near stranraer, don't waste 20 minutes

I’m 20 miles from Stranraer but have been given plenty of advice to give it a swerve.

been feeding red deer up in Galloway forest this morning and then saw 2 wheelie bins being blown across the a75. Lovely day apart from the wind.

A mate down in wales has put on Facebook that people are genuinely at risk of dying down there. Seems pretty bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, Bolton basks in bright sunshine and blue skies. A bit windy but sunny as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spider said:

I’m 20 miles from Stranraer but have been given plenty of advice to give it a swerve.

been feeding red deer up in Galloway forest this morning and then saw 2 wheelie bins being blown across the a75. Lovely day apart from the wind.

A mate down in wales has put on Facebook that people are genuinely at risk of dying down there. Seems pretty bad.

Indeed. Red weather warning in South Wales and the police have called it a major incident.

Last time I was in Stranraer, we saw a couple of zombies lurking in an amusement arcade. Quickly popped in the shop for some bread etc, paid another zombie and fucked off back to the campsite pronto.

A decrepit, tumbleweed of a place housing the living dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We missed our ferry by about 10 minutes

It was about 6 hoyrs til the next one

But, like i said, new england bay (port logan/drummore) is beautiful

Also, makes little sense, but ive a feeling i got dragged to some tropical garden in that area, too

Edited by Casino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Casino said:

Logan botanic garden

Yep. Has a lot of species you wouldn't expect to find so far North, but benefits from warmer air from the warm(ish) current.

Iirc, my folks had pictures of us as kids under a giant specimen of gunnera manicata.

I planted one near my pond- it lasted a season and then gave up the ghost!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely went at least once

Gardens, stately homes and fcuking museums

Bovington, yeovilton and beaulieu were ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I could spend all day in an aircraft museum or similar. Theme parks, eg Alton towers, well you can keep them. Rather go fishing with no bait! :)

 

You cant beat white knuckle rides, reminds me off my youth going the old Den and getting the adrenaline kicking in.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Is it ever gonna stop raining? 

Just said the same thing to myself mate 

constant

be a drought warning And hosepipe ban soon as we get two days of weather above 20degrees as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Just said the same thing to myself mate 

constant

be a drought warning And hosepipe ban soon as we get two days of weather above 20degrees as well

Even the dog wasn’t happy at going out this morning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Is it ever gonna stop raining? 

Playing havoc for me, but it'll be dry by teatime today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be the last time I don’t fuck off abroad in February. Demoralising this weather. Especially when you look at Alicante forecast on your phone and it’s hovering between 18-23c over the next week or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Even the dog wasn’t happy at going out this morning 

Tell her she has to go to work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This will be the last time I don’t fuck off abroad in February. Demoralising this weather. Especially when you look at Alicante forecast on your phone and it’s hovering between 18-23c over the next week or so. 

Tell me about it, was in Madrid at the weekend it was 18 and dry as a bone, luckily I’ll be there again on Monday 

28 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Tell her she has to go to work!

😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This will be the last time I don’t fuck off abroad in February. Demoralising this weather. Especially when you look at Alicante forecast on your phone and it’s hovering between 18-23c over the next week or so. 

I’m holidaying in the UK. Won’t find me spunking my cash at those ungrateful Brussels bastards.

Buy British. Don’t be a remaining traitor off licking Spanish arses.

Edited by Spider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’m holidaying in the UK. Won’t find me spunking my cash at those ungrateful Brussels bastards.

Buy British. Don’t be a remaining traitor off licking Spanish arses.

What a sad loon you are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What a sad loon you are. 

Sir! Sir! I’m being bullied by a hypocrite 

Sir!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What a sad loon you are. 

Hope you're fluent in Spanish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Hope you're fluent in Spanish. 

No Spanish where I go, just roll up my sun and put my UJ vest on and I’ll be reet. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No Spanish where I go, just roll up my sun and put my UJ vest on and I’ll be reet. 👍

I'd start learning if I were you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Hope you're fluent in Spanish. 

Dos cerveza, por favor, maestro 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.