Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sky V Virgin?

worthy10

Been with sky for about 15 years and never paid for a call out, if you're out of contract tell em you're leaving and they do it for fuck all.

Briefly left sky a few years ago for virgin when I fancied the tivo boxes. Quoted X amount for the package but then found out they wanted more for hd sports as it's not (or wasn't) included in the hd package etc etc. Once I had what I wanted instead of what I thought I was getting it was something like £20 a month more than they quoted. Fuck off.

Cancelled it within a week and told them to collect the boxes, was supposed to be a free 28 day trial or whatever. Kept getting bills for thirty odd quid, called them and they accepted it was a mistake and cancelled the bill. Few months later I started to receive bailiffs letters for non payment. Took me weeks to sort it out without so much as an apology.

Virgin are complete and utter cockwombles.

see, for me that is 'sky'

well, not the movies

no sport and i wouldnt have it

The sports bits i want to watch are all available elsewhere in as near to hd as makes no difference with no buffering on my mahoosive broadband package. And I couldn't give a flying fuck about the Belgian league, netball or golf except the majors so why pay the thick end of 40 quid a month for it

Been with sky for about 15 years and never paid for a call out, if you're out of contract tell em you're leaving and they do it for fuck all.

Briefly left sky a few years ago for virgin when I fancied the tivo boxes. Quoted X amount for the package but then found out they wanted more for hd sports as it's not (or wasn't) included in the hd package etc etc. Once I had what I wanted instead of what I thought I was getting it was something like £20 a month more than they quoted. Fuck off.

Cancelled it within a week and told them to collect the boxes, was supposed to be a free 28 day trial or whatever. Kept getting bills for thirty odd quid, called them and they accepted it was a mistake and cancelled the bill. Few months later I started to receive bailiffs letters for non payment. Took me weeks to sort it out without so much as an apology.

Virgin are complete and utter cockwombles.

Had exactly the same problem with Nynex I think it was, remember them? Anyways get my broadband from Virgin(could cancel my landline with them and found their broadband better) but the TV from Sky. Thinking about jacking it off but normal TV is so shit and streaming suff is hit and miss, basically got it for Sky Atlantic and Sports.Horwich is right tho ring Sky or BT Sport up say you are quitting and chances are get a better deal. did it with BT Sports yesterday, I only have that for College Football so was cancelling after they gave me a free month while i mulled it over, anyway said I could have it half price if I signed up for 12 months, thinking bout it especially as if I cancel and then want it back in September they charge £30 or so re connection the cunts.

I'm with Virgin and I've had no phone working for the last week, an Engineer is coming out tonight.  They've also just put my monthly bill up by £4 without any gain in service and as I too have had the junk mail showing half price, they'll be getting a call from me later, asking for more.

I have to say though, the Broadband is fantastic.

Edited by Big City Girl

I'm with Virgin and I've had no phone working for the last week, an Engineer is coming out tonight.  They've also just put my monthly bill up by £4 without any gain in service and as I too have had the junk mail showing half price, they'll be getting a call from me later, asking for more.

I have to say though, the Broadband is fantastic.

Ditch their phone service which is about £15 and get a VoIP number costing about £4+vat a month which will run fine over your superfast broadband.

Ditch their phone service which is about £15 and get a VoIP number costing about £4+vat a month which will run fine over your superfast broadband.

Ditch the phone and the BB goes up by the amount you are "saving".

Ditch the phone anyway. Why have one.

Two reasons, I can call 0870 and 0845 for free within my plan (at weekend) and when I'm away I can use the Virgin SmartCall to call the UK for free, within my plan. I know you can use Skype etc. If its the same price with and without the phone then its worth keeping.  Just remembered its free at anytime to call a virgin mobile phone which the lad and FPO have. Don't me wrong I'd just have the BB if they'd drop the price by £15 a month :)

Two reasons, I can call 0870 and 0845 for free within my plan (at weekend) and when I'm away I can use the Virgin SmartCall to call the UK for free, within my plan. I know you can use Skype etc. If its the same price with and without the phone then its worth keeping. Just remembered its free at anytime to call a virgin mobile phone which the lad and FPO have. Don't me wrong I'd just have the BB if they'd drop the price by £15 a month :)

More no-one can annoy you then!

• Site Supporter

sky have just announced yet another increase on their sports and entertainment bundles - £1 on sports and £3 on the entertainment. As I don't watch much sport and the majority of what we do watch would be on freeview anyway, I think this will be the increase which means toodlepip to sky