Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

Surely if the area was lit sufficiently folk might hang around a bit longer how about a bit of live music in Victoria square when shops are closing with some type of refreshment area serving coffee tea and a beer that might encourage folk to stay longer and spend more money and maybe move onto a bar or restaraunt.

that square and the crescent behind are beautiful so potentially could be great places at night with the right establishments.

that square and the crescent behind are beautiful so potentially could be great places at night with the right establishments.

Agree 100% bars and restaraunts in that area would be brilliant not sure if there's any retail space available round there but it's an area that's got the character and under utilised, really though council needs to spend some money on lights the whole area is so dark and depressing.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Another nail in the coffin coming...HS2 link straight into Wigan putting it just over half an hour to Birmingham and less than 90 minutes to London.

Meanwhile the rattler from Bolton to Manchester runs whenever they can be arsed with cattle trucks.

Maybe that's what happens when you pin your towns hopes on immigration, students, and grants to ambulance chasing parasites instead of inward investment, business, and nationwide distribution.

Another nail in the coffin coming...HS2 link straight into Wigan putting it just over half an hour to Birmingham and less than 90 minutes to London.

Meanwhile the rattler from Bolton to Manchester runs whenever they can be arsed with cattle trucks.

Maybe that's what happens when you pin your towns hopes on immigration, students, and grants to ambulance chasing parasites instead of inward investment, business, and nationwide distribution.

It might help if the metro link was extended out to Bolton at the moment Bolton needs massive investment and lots of TLC and sadly it's not getting enough and I fear for the town and the direction it is heading. Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

It might help if the metro link was extended out to Bolton at the moment Bolton needs massive investment and lots of TLC and sadly it's not getting enough and I fear for the town and the direction it is heading.

Going off the routes / distances I know of, it'd take a while on the tram from Bolton to manc unless it was very limited stops, you'd be better off getting the #9 bus

• Moderators

The buses are fucked as more people are going through Clifton to avoid the East Lancs car park, V1/V2 great, but the number 8 is fucked. The train is fast as fuck, when it runs, therein lies the problem. I'd have to get a 507 bus from Harwood down one of the busiest roads, to be dropped off on the wrong side of town. Fuck that. Metrolink from Radders it is. And it's cheaper.

Going off the routes / distances I know of, it'd take a while on the tram from Bolton to manc unless it was very limited stops, you'd be better off getting the #9 bus

With freight using the bolton line and it being part of the mainline train network, rather than just local commuter routes like Bury was, network rail will never sign over the tracks for use by the Met.

So the only options for the met would be brand new lines somewhere to salford or bury then on to manc.

The buses to manc just take forever as they go all round the houses rather than a straight run into the city centre.

like all public transport i've never had a problem using it to get in and out of manchester but folk who use it everyday think its shite.

I made the daft decision of travelling by bus rather than  cattle wagon train from Stockport to Bolton on the night of the Manchester derby in the League Cup a few weeks ago. Stockport to Manchester on the quick bus over an hour. Arrived at Shudehill station at 7.30, massive queue for the number 8, an announcement that no number 8s were in the area and a single decker would be brought in from the garage.I got in Bolton at 9.15 having left Stockport just after 6.I knew the bus would take  longer than the train but wasn't expecting that!

• Site Supporter

How many times did you get asked for money? Have you beaten Widnes's seven?

Was in town this afternoon for an appointment, I went for a walk around to kill time, left the market place, walked up across deans gate past the EE shop, up past the pound bakery, onto the square, down past BHS, into JD sports then over to that Game shop, back out across to the Arndale entrance near St. Andrews court.

Genuinely got asked for spare change on 8 occasions on that walk, Did have this thread in mind when the first asked me.

1 sitting on the street leading from market place opposite that toy shop 2 just after deansgate outside what used to be burtons. 3, 4, 5 & 6 were between the bank / BHS and JD sports, 7 was on the corner of what used to be a bank opposite game and 8 was under the covered bit walking down towards the arndale.

No exaggeration and didn't go looking for them, but that's honestly how many times I got asked for change, werent Romanians either, in fact, sadly, I knew one of them from growing up,used to live on same street as kids, but he didn't recognise me.

definitely and increase in the number of beggars

I'd just like to call bullshit on behalf of Councilor Dullard Morris and Former Mayor Kent Donaghy

That never happened, they have walked round the town several times on Saturday mornings wearning their grey marl joggers and nobody has ever approached them for money nor do beggars exist in Bolton town Centre

Happy, immediately ban him for blatant fantasy

Edited by Widnes Two Hats

Another nail in the coffin coming...HS2 link straight into Wigan putting it just over half an hour to Birmingham and less than 90 minutes to London.

I wouldn't worry about having a high speed link to London and then bringing subsequent prosperity

Doncaster has had one for ages and it's still a shit hole

I'd just like to call bullshit on behalf of Councilor Dullard Morris and Former Mayor Kent Donaghy

That never happened, they have walked round the town several times on Saturday mornings wearning their grey marl joggers and nobody has ever approached them for money nor do beggars exist in Bolton town Centre

Happy, immediately ban him for blatant fantasy

Roflbrothel :D :D :D

• Site Supporter

You must have a kind face, Fatolive.

I've done the same walk and nae cunt asks me for nae fuckin' change.

(to be read in Begbie's voice)

Possibly, or maybe I just look like I may have some...????

Seriously, it's what happened, I've no point to prove either way.