Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

So ASONS got £300k from fat Cliff?

And ASONS might owe HMRC £300k?

fishier than a Grimsby whore's knickers after a night on the docks.

Not forgetting we don't have clarity on whether they've paid the architects/groundwork company for the work on Clarence Street or not.

So ASONS got £300k from fat Cliff?

And ASONS might owe HMRC £300k?

fishier than a Grimsby whore's knickers after a night on the docks.

Not forgetting we don't have clarity on whether they've paid the architects/groundwork company for the work on Clarence Street or not.

You can add in Grant Thornton resigning as auditors, with the usual statement that it's not because they suspect any impropriety, which I suppose they have to state otherwise it could make them complicit if anything does come out.

Edit: May as well chuck this in the mix

Asons_Related_Party_Transactions.jpg

Edited by Andydee

Morrisons only have limited lines. There's a fish shop in Htown sells halibut and monkfish. You'd struggle to get shit like that and samphire in your common or garden supermarket.

I'm not a fan of the big supermarkets though.

I can't see the public of Bolton flocking in their droves to buy monkfish :)

There's blokes deliver fresh fish in vans round these parts. They make a fookin killing.

Talking of M&S, a big one, apparently the largest opened in 2016 has just opened up near me....in Biggleswade  -  Having mooched around it, I reckon a good 30% of it is given over to food.

Fuck knows why Biggleswade has been selected to have such a flagship store

There's blokes deliver fresh fish in vans round these parts. They make a fookin killing.

Same here, there appear to be quite a few of them knocking on door to door these days  -  I've still never bought anything from any of them mind

• Site Supporter

I can't see the public of Bolton flocking in their droves to buy monkfish :)

Used them before whilst in west lancs. Once bought some john dory and a huge sea bass from one near Bournemouth. Not long been caught and almost wriggling.

Talking of M&S, a big one, apparently the largest opened in 2016 has just opened up near me.... -  Having mooched around it, I reckon a good 30% of it is given over to food.

Fuck knows why Halliwell has been selected to have such a flagship store

EFA

Town centres always evolve, I bet if you look at pics of Bolton town centre say a hundred years ago it would look shop wise different to the hey day of the 80/90s that has been mentioned

I bet all the people demonising the fall of the town centre buy their music, books online. That's not a bad thing but it is part of the reason stores have closed.

There's a reason why now the likes of costa coffee, cafe Nero have grown. It's because people want a different and changing experience

See that's the problem in one. Why the fuck would you go to Bolton market for the same fish they sell in Morrisons on the fish counter?

The fish man on leigh market comes from Fleetwood. Been there years and there is always a queue at his stall. If you wanted a whales cunt, he'd have it and if not get it by the afternoon. One of a dying breed as people rely on supermarkets but he's still going strong.