Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Podcasts

MancWanderer

• 4 weeks later...

I am finding it harder to listen to the UTC podcast. The adverts seems to be getting longer. The stories as mentioned are getting pretty poor.

Quickly Kevin will he score is far better for a listen but it is only 90's football. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, Big E said:

I am finding it harder to listen to the UTC podcast. The adverts seems to be getting longer. The stories as mentioned are getting pretty poor.

Quickly Kevin will he score is far better for a listen but it is only 90's football. 

If the guest isn’t brilliant I get sick of UTC. Those three can’t hold an episode down without a Stella guest 

• 1 month later...

Listening to the first one that Ross Kemp (!) has done, hes talking with Billy Billingham the former SAS trooper about his life, and he's one seriously interesting bloke. Fucking hell though Kemp wont let him get a word in. 

*Just finished it, dear me Kemp is verging on rude at times. Anything Billingham has done or seen or been to, Kemp has done something better. Hearing him chucking in weapon details and military abbreviations is tragic.

Edited by Marc505

Really gone off UTC.

I can sum up the last few with:

"Ere lad do you remember that time we were in't Algarve and we all went on a big piss up and Woodsy took a massive shit in't gaffers office and gaffer goes" who did that massive shit and we all knew it was Woodsy but no one said owt. If you're listening gaffer sorry mate it was Woodsy. "

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Really gone off UTC.

"Ere lad do you remember that time we were in't Algarve and we all went on a big piss up and Woodsy took a massive shit in't gaffers office and gaffer goes" who did that massive shit and we all knew it was Woodsy but no one said owt. If you're listening gaffer sorry mate it was Woodsy. "

They have some decent & funny guests, pity about the 3 idiots who host it, especially Parkin the self confessed lazy, ill disciplined shithouse who has the brass neck to criticise his ex managers. 

On 02/05/2020 at 10:05, Kane57 said:

Really gone off UTC.

Banter levels about to go through the roof.

#CharacterInTheDressingRoom

• Members
On 02/05/2020 at 10:05, Kane57 said:

Really gone off UTC.

Spot on. Mark Crossleys episode is absolutely superb but mainly because of him and Cloughs stories.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Spot on. Mark Crossleys episode is absolutely superb but mainly because of him and Cloughs stories.

On the whole the guests are pretty good (with a few exceptions), it's the hosts that spoil it for me. 

Did a really interesting podcast for LOV the other day with a chap who founded Travel Counsellors and who was on the board 1999-2001. Came out with some really good stories.

It's for a new series I've started looking at Wanderers through the 80s, 90s and early 00s.

Look for LOV Rewind here - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/lion-of-vienna-suite-for-bolton-wanderers-fc-fans/id1502753151

Told of an interesting board meeting straight after the Cardiff game where it was proposed that we sell Gardner to help balance the books.

Edited by Kane57

59 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Did a really interesting podcast for LOV the other day with a chap who founded Travel Counsellors and who was on the board 1999-2001. Came out with some really good stories.

It's for a new series I've started looking at Wanderers through the 80s, 90s and early 00s.

Look for LOV Rewind here - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/lion-of-vienna-suite-for-bolton-wanderers-fc-fans/id1502753151

Told of an interesting board meeting straight after the Cardiff game where it was proposed that we sell Gardner to help balance the books.

DannyG knows him very well 😉

Only managed about 10 minutes into the latest UTC with Robbie Blake.

Obviously sound quality and rapport going to take a hit due to how they have to do things at the moment but it seemed like the very worst combination of shit stories and worse storytelling. It's a 2 parter as well by the looks. Having a right old laugh at getting caught drunk driving while trying to escape the police set the tone really. Footballers are proper wankers.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Kane57 said:

Only managed about 10 minutes into the latest UTC with Robbie Blake.

Obviously sound quality and rapport going to take a hit due to how they have to do things at the moment but it seemed like the very worst combination of shit stories and worse storytelling. It's a 2 parter as well by the looks. Having a right old laugh at getting caught drunk driving while trying to escape the police set the tone really. Footballers are proper wankers.

It’s worth remembering that 95% of footballers are thicker than their wallets. Why on earth anyone wants to listen to them struggle to form a coherent sentence is beyond me.

Even the 5% that can hold a pen correctly are hardly Shakespeare. Unfortunately, they get high paid gigs off the press and are considered to be intelligent, witty and engaging. They’re not (are they Gary Neville?), they’re just not as fucking thick as the others.