Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

45 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Spot on. Shit loads more to travel I would imagine too. For what- half an hour. Which can be spent working with WiFi connectivity anyhow if you need to.

Heard something earlier- a preview of some programme to be aired. HS2 is costing £3m per day already (or did they say an hour?). 

Kinell, they could buy every fucker a new ford car with that... :)

It takes 2 hours from Leeds to London. Not bad. 

Takes over an hour to get to Manchester. Which is fucking rubbish. 

9 hours ago, leigh white said:

50 mins from Vic to Leeds only stopping once at Huddersfield, is the quickest, the rest are shite.

Aye. The point being is I never heard anyone say ‘2 hours to London ! Fuck that’. But I drive to Manc as train is shit. Unless you are on the piss no reason to get train (apart from the m62). 

13 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not disputing that, I agree entirely. Not sure what you mean by "we've tried that"- preparation for different outdoors?

I think we all can see and appreciate your difficulties: the longer the cunticles, screechers, and pompous fucktards piss around in parliament the worse it's going to get.

The only person who can get things moving is the Prime Minister. She seems hellbent on not doing so. The deadlines set have all gone. She is deliberately wasting time. The EU and UK agreed a deal. We then decided we couldn't accept it. It is very clearly up to our government to provide the EU a workable alternative. Given our government accepted the need for a backstop that could not be time limited the ball is in our court. 

I think its about time Parliament gave a real deadline (about a week) otherwise there will be a significant delay in A50. Because this madness cannot continue. Every single day business is suffering. Orders are being held or not made. And its getting worse and worse. The Business Secretary has admitted that the real deadline is this Friday as that is when long term shipping orders will depart and not arrive till after the 29th March in Asia - having passed through the EU.

This is not the fault of anyone but the governments. Yes parliament rejected the deal. But that was weeks ago. Why didn't the government immediately go back to the EU and negotiate something? The EU says there have been no negotiations since the deal was rejected....just "conversations". We are time wasting. Nothing to do with MPs or anyone else. Our government agreed a deal. They were told it was not acceptable in mid January (having already spent weeks delaying the vote). Why in almost mid-February have they done nothing about it?

7 hours ago, royal white said:

these people walk amongst us (and post on here) 

These are the same loons who in the Cold War built a bunker in their back garden for fear of a nuclear attack. And that flag in the kitchen what’s that all about? It’s just a europhille trying to make a political point. Bet he’s had a terrible 2 years since the referendum result. :) 

39 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The only person who can get things moving is the Prime Minister. She seems hellbent on not doing so. The deadlines set have all gone. She is deliberately wasting time. The EU and UK agreed a deal. We then decided we couldn't accept it. It is very clearly up to our government to provide the EU a workable alternative. Given our government accepted the need for a backstop that could not be time limited the ball is in our court. 

Thats not quite true though is it ?

The UK didn't agree a deal, until it had approval from parliament. As someone who was pushing for parliament to have the final say, i would expect you have reaised this.

15 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Thats not quite true though is it ?

The UK didn't agree a deal, until it had approval from parliament. As someone who was pushing for parliament to have the final say, i would expect you have reaised this.

The UK government agreed the deal. Parliament then said "no we don't like it". And instructed the UK government to secure something better/different. 

That is the point I'm making. Its up to the government to get on with this. They advocated the deal and said "its the only deal and the best we will get". Having said all that nobody in their right mind can suggest the next stage is up to the EU. Its up to our government to find a solution, propose it and agree it with the EU. However, the EU are saying "not one proposal has yet been brought forward". We're weeks after a vote that was already delayed and well beyond the supposed armageddon 21st January deadline initially laid out, by, yes, you guessed it, the government!

36 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The UK government agreed the deal. Parliament then said "no we don't like it". And instructed the UK government to secure something better/different. 

That is the point I'm making. Its up to the government to get on with this. They advocated the deal and said "its the only deal and the best we will get". Having said all that nobody in their right mind can suggest the next stage is up to the EU. Its up to our government to find a solution, propose it and agree it with the EU. However, the EU are saying "not one proposal has yet been brought forward". We're weeks after a vote that was already delayed and well beyond the supposed armageddon 21st January deadline initially laid out, by, yes, you guessed it, the government!

This Armageddon deadline 21st January, did I miss the Armageddon? Or was that another lie/project fear bullshit?     

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This Armageddon deadline 21st January, did I miss the Armageddon? Or was that another lie/project fear bullshit?     

That was the deadline the government set for the WA meaningful vote (when A50 motion was being passed) as being the latest date passed which everything - including the Withdrawal bill, could feasibly be passed by March 29th. 

They did of course bring a vote before that date - but lost. 

42 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

That was the deadline the government set for the WA meaningful vote (when A50 motion was being passed) as being the latest date passed which everything - including the Withdrawal bill, could feasibly be passed by March 29th. 

They did of course bring a vote before that date - but lost. 

So Armageddon did not happen, what a shock.

• Site Supporter

Read an interesting article from some European journo that said the rest of the EU countries hate the backstop and actually thought it was a trap on our side. The reasoning is that we could happly fall into the backstop which effectively keeps us in the SM & CU without paying a penny to the EU. A cake and eat it scenario. They really don't understand our parliaments objection to it. 

4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

These are the same loons who in the Cold War built a bunker in their back garden for fear of a nuclear attack. And that flag in the kitchen what’s that all about? It’s just a europhille trying to make a political point. Bet he’s had a terrible 2 years since the referendum result. :) 

He is bonkers that bloke. The flag was clearly put there by the camera crew for effect. The bloke is a vegan and bears more than a passing resemblance to Corbyn, the fucking wierdo. As mentioned before, get osme food shortages in, let's "thin out" the scummers and old biddys with a bit of starvation, we'll be far stronger as a nation if we can easily bump off a million or so  impoverished old codgers and benefit cheats