Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Aye another Cummings day, and not just because of their anti-brexit agenda or their pro-European stance, they want him out because they fear him. 

As for Jezza and Abacus Abbott, they just weren't smart enough and got obliterated at a GE, i think the media and certain politicians have forgotten that already.

I have no political alignment left or right, I hate issues being used for political capital for the sake of it, but I’m appalled at the whole thing 

Don’t know what’s worse...

what he did, his sneering attitude since, the ministers circling the wagons yesterday, Schapps’ hapless appearance this morning on Ridge, the lack of EQ shown by these idiots, that “they” have allowed it to become political capital by the way it’s been dealt with, the fact that normal folk have been through so much mental anguish sticking to the guidelines as told by “them”, the apologists who are now trying to blame journalists 

Frankly, it’s a catalogue of contempt by cunts

PS kudos to the Tory MP’s coming out now saying he needs to be fucked off

Edited by jules_darby

Just now, jules_darby said:

I have no political alignment left or right, I hate issues being used for political capital for the sake of it, but I’m appalled at the whole thing 

Don’t know what’s worse...

what he did, his sneering attitude since, the ministers circling the wagons yesterday, Schapps’ hapless appearance this morning on Ridge, the lack of EQ shown by these idiots, that “they” have allowed it to become political capital by the way it’s been dealt with, the fact that normal folk have been through so much mental anguish sticking to the guidelines as told by “them”, the apologists who ware now trying to blame journalists 

Frankly, it’s a catalogue of contempt by cunts

Bang on. 

I couldn’t give a fuck which political side he’s on. 

The blokes acted the cunt. It’s his own people that are trying to make it political and us versus them. 

What in shites name has Brexit got to do with it?

I don’t hate him - I don’t know the man. I think he’s a very smart, slightly strange (he’s blog posts are worth a read) fella. He is correct to point out that there is a fundamental flaw with both politicians and the civil service and an unwillingness to change and modernise. It means they are largely out of touch. In many ways he is the perfect person for our times.

However, I take issue with an arrogance that allows a person to think they are above the advice they give. He was wrong, it’s cut and dry, and if the only reason put out there is childcare, then he deserves all that’s Cumming’s to him 😉

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Aye you are probably right, but 2 wrongs don’t make a right, it’s quite clear me that while Cummings has made a bad error of judgement some politicians are making most mileage to hole the Tory ship and in payback for the election and brexit campaigns he masterminded. 

I’d imagine that Cummings has many more enemies on the Conservative benches than he has sat on the other side 

When you collect heavyweight political enemies like he has done, you need to keep yourself whiter than white 

Nipping off to Barnys castle during a lockdown is the opposite of that 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

You lost you fucking argument in the last sentence.

I think you lost it when you starting waffling on about Brexit. 

Like birch says, his own party will be fuming. 

Edited by gonzo

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You lost you fucking argument in the last sentence.

There are 40,000 families who stuck to the rules and couldn’t even be in the same room as a loved one suffocated to death.

But they stuck to Cummings game plan. As he went for a drive north so he could have a nice view whilst he recovered.

Edited by Spider

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

I think you lost it when you starting waffling on about Brexit. 

It’s intrinsically linked with Cummings as is the election result, is it any surprise that folk still bitter about both are the most vocal regarding Cummings error of judgement? 

My mrs had it and we had to take all the kids, not just one, out of school and college and had to stay at home and not leave the house for 2 weeks. 

We did that because that was what the government told us and everyone else to do, we didn't do it for the crack.

You're in public office, you break the rules, you're gone - if you're not gone then it undermines the whole thing.

Shapps absolutely adamant that Cummings wasn’t in Durham on April 19th for the second apparent citing. 100% certain he’s been in London since April 14. Someone’s story is wrong. Now if it turns out that Number 10 have intentionally sent Shapps out this morning with information that they know is lies then for me this turns into something way bigger than it already is.

Just now, Mr Grey said:

And there are nillions of others who haven't stuck to the rules.

And if you can find were im defending Cummings, please let me know.

I haven't changed my view on all this regarding the media etc...

You couldn’t have missed the point more if you tried, and at this point I think you are trying.

Millions of people don’t sit on the government’s strategic panel, they don’t advise the Prime Minister, and as such are not held to the same scrutiny.

28 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You can believe what you want, but this issue is about what he did, not what he standS for. As I said before there is bugger all faux about it, you just don’t like it, and that’s a totally different issue.

Correct. I don’t get the “faux outrage” line at all.

There was media outrage about (a) an unknown (to most) Scottish medical officer and (b) a government scientific advisor breaking the lockdown. Sufficient outrage that they felt their roles were untenable and they resigned.

When the person in question is the most senior advisor to the Prime Minister, who has been attending the SAGE meetings and influencing the strategy, the media are clearly going to go to town.

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s intrinsically linked with Cummings as is the election result, is it any surprise that folk still bitter about both are the most vocal regarding Cummings error of judgement? 

I think the only folk that are making it about that are the very ones backing him because of what he did previously.

I couldn’t give a fuck if before this he’d scored a winning goal for us in the cup final, he did wrong and then the “support” and handling of it since has been terrible - both in terms of decision making and in execution 

1 minute ago, wiggy said:

Shapps absolutely adamant that Cummings wasn’t in Durham on April 19th for the second apparent citing. 100% certain he’s been in London since April 14. Someone’s story is wrong. Now if it turns out that Number 10 have intentionally sent Shapps out this morning with information that they know is lies then for me this turns into something way bigger than it already is.

To make an error of judgement is very human, to try to cover it up with lies is unforgivable, and if that’s the case then heads will be rolling further up the food chain. 

28 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Utter shit. This has got fuck all to do with Brexit. That geezer is on the SAGE Committee. He was the one who originally said "if some Pensioners have to die, so be it" when they were muting the idea of Herd Immunity. He only changed tack when it had already been pointed out by the WHO that Herd Immunity first needs a Vaccine.

Is he on the SAGE committee?

9 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I think the only folk that are making it about that are the very ones backing him because of what he did previously.

I couldn’t give a fuck if before this he’d scored a winning goal for us in the cup final, he did wrong and then the “support” and handling of it since has been terrible - both in terms of decision making and in execution 

If he’d of held his hand up and said I did wrong and whatever my boss decides I’ll have to take it on the chin and showed some humility he could of had a rap across the knuckles, that he’s been obtuse and obnoxious means he’ll have to fall on his own sword, and yes the government handling of this has been poor, allowing the bitter losers to make political gain, which in reality is all that some ever wanted. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Just connecting the two, it isn't hard to spot.

Like I say the only people I’ve come across defending him are his close allies in the politcal world. 

You and them are making it political. Nobody else. 

As for the red hand gang, you’ve no idea who I voted for in the last GE. 

34 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Aye another Cummings day, and not just because of their anti-brexit agenda or their pro-European stance, they want him out because they fear him. 

As for Jezza and Abacus Abbott, they just weren't smart enough and got obliterated at a GE, i think the media and certain politicians have forgotten that already.

Absolute and total fucking bullshit. 

People want him out because whilst we've been going though an absolutely shite time of it,  following the rules he was instrumental in making, he's fucking swanning about sniffing bluebells 300 miles from home. And arrogantly telling everyone to get to fuck like he's done nowt wrong.

And Mounts referring to himself in the third person has totally made my day.😀

16 minutes ago, wiggy said:

They also said none of his family had been spoken to by police.

Durham police totally pissed on that lie.