Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Puking After A Pint.

leigh white

7 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Not very often I honk up in the bogs after a drink, a sup in the Two Tubs in Bury in the mid 80s had me running to spew my guts out. Been Bury since but stayed away from that place.

I go in there from time to time. My old dear (when she could get out ) loved it. Always been fine. 

In 1980 me and my then girlfriend, now my wife were friends with a couple who had a bit of cash and liked a drink. We met one night in the Sweet Green. We had 3 pints in about 15 min. I was used to having 3 pints all night. Got in the back seat of their brand new Toyota on route to Darcy lever. Half way down Trinity Street I said I was going to be sick . Pull over.

Don’t be such a wimp he said.

200 yards later, I puked all over the back of the seat and floor of his 2 day old car.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I go in there from time to time. My old dear (when she could get out ) loved it. Always been fine. 

Must have got a really bad pint, I was chucking my insides out, the worst one before that was some hick town near Ipswich five years previous on that Tolly Cobbold bilge.

• Site Supporter

Played footy at Uni for the first team. Every social after the game there would be a ”dick of the day” who would have to down 3 pints, lager, cider, Guinness in 3 minutes. Puked on the third (lager). Tactical error, should have left the Guinness till the end.

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Wasn't that Nobbys pilsner? What do they call them bars with loads of flowery tales? ... fucking shite they are, micro bars or summat, like Brewdogs, rank overpriced piss, who the fuck puts elderflower in beer? 

Don’t think anyone finished it off or maybe DG

taxi driver wasn’t best impressed😀

• Site Supporter

An old mate of mine once puked pretty much an entire pint of gunge into a pint glass at Bolton beer festival. It was awful but mesmerising at the same time

He had several more pints after and was right as rain.

I’m with Kent and Grey, once I’ve gone, I’ve gone. It’s rare, but there’s no chance of anything going down after I’ve barfed.

Edited by Spider

1 hour ago, Spider said:

An old mate of mine once puked pretty much an entire pint of gunge into a pint glass at Bolton beer festival. It was awful but mesmerising at the same time

I’m with Kent and Grey, once I’ve gone, I’ve gone. It’s rare, but there’s no chance of anything going down after I’ve barfed.

Does it not depend if its a tactical or a full on?

I've made room before...

3 hours ago, crawshawbooth said:

i would sooner get stuck into their bitter if you sup in a place that shifts a lot its good stuff

plus i really like that stout they brought out this year but cant remember what it is called

Trailblazer, mate.

18 hours ago, Spider said:

I knew a lad from Bolton who could fill a pint pot with sinus gunge from his nose on a session...  his initials weren't A.T. by any chance?