Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2021 holidays

bolton_blondie

12 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Balearics back to Amber after a week or so of partying in the green zone

Absolute cunts trick. 

Fucking piss take this and I've not even booked a summer holiday and have no intention of doing for this very reason. 

What a joke. Families getting shat on left right and centre now. People like Traf pretty much working for free. 

Guest Nordkurve
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Anyone thinking of venturing abroad this year wants their bumps feeling.

Why ? UK currently has one of the highest Covid infection rates in the World. Wait and see how many of the current crop of Politicians fuck off to the Caribbean this summer for a Holiday. I bet it's on the green list just in time (if not already).

3 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

Why ? UK currently has one of the highest Covid infection rates in the World. Wait and see how many of the current crop of Politicians fuck off to the Caribbean this summer for a Holiday. I bet it's on the green list just in time (if not already).

Because of the hassle and potential for plans to be disturbed.

Just back from a week in Majorca

Apart from the obvious of managing to get away on a holiday that had been cancelled and rearranged 4 times by TUI....

The positives:

• Deserted Manc and Palma Airports so no waiting, flights absolutely on time, and transfers quick and easy
  • Half full planes - TUI put us on an EasyJet flight
  • Majorca seem to be managing the situation well - compulsory masks in shops and walking around the hotel, sanitisers everywhere and nobody being an arse about it

The negatives:

• The amount of forms that you have to fill in and documentation that you have to produce
  • The simpleton mouth-breathing cunts that try to check in without having completed a single form and then block check-in whilst they boot up a laptop or iPad to do it there and then. We received so many emails and texts telling us what we had to do so we did it and it took us no more than 5 minutes to check in. We queued at Palma check in for an hour. One family were there when we arrived and were still there when we walked to departures an hour later. Utter fuckwits

On 18/07/2021 at 08:20, Nordkurve said:

Antigua (where I've been for the past 12 days) & Barbados are on the green list already. Superb out here.

I'm home Wednesday and I'd rather just stay here, feels much safer.

Edited by Traf

Guest Nordkurve
23 hours ago, Traf said:

Antigua (where I've been for the past 12 days) & Barbados are on the green list already. Superb out here.

I'm home Wednesday and I'd rather just stay here, feels much safer.

Enjoy it mate. Sounds fantastic :)

Had a few days on the NE coast and going to some of the smaller places like Robin Hoods Bay made me wonder how the fuck they've kept going, loads of pubs/shops etc still shut and more with notices on about having to shut because of isolation. 

Beautiful weather and really nice up there though.

Back in the UK now. 
Antigua was brilliant.

They're a lot stricter about hand washing, temperature checks and mask wearing than we've ever been.

Shops, bars, restaurants etc have washing stations and thermometers outside and you have to use them. Masks are worn everywhere except inside hotels/resorts, on beaches or when seated in a bar/restaurant. On the spot fines from the police otherwise and they are patrolling.

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from Cyprus yesterday, me and the missus are both double jabbed and had no problems at all. Flew out with TUI who insist you have to wear masks on the flight and transfer to the hotel which is no biggy. The hotel only had us wearing masks at the hot plate which again is no biggy. Paphos itself was open for business as usual with most bars, clubs and restaurants open.  

If you’re undecided about taking a holiday and fancy Cyprus then I’d say go for it. 

Well, like a lot of folks I'm having a wonderful time spending a decent amount of time with family after a grim 18 months. Also loving being back in Bolton after 2 years. I know the two weeks of sun are sacrosanct for some, its never been that for us, a decent weekend break, a few camping sites down south. Happy days.

• Members
11 hours ago, royal white said:

Got back from Cyprus yesterday, me and the missus are both double jabbed and had no problems at all. Flew out with TUI who insist you have to wear masks on the flight and transfer to the hotel which is no biggy. The hotel only had us wearing masks at the hot plate which again is no biggy. Paphos itself was open for business as usual with most bars, clubs and restaurants open.  

If you’re undecided about taking a holiday and fancy Cyprus then I’d say go for it. 

Loved Protaras, went 14 years ago for a mates wedding. Just remember it costing more for booze over there than here. Also got 2nd degree burns on my bum after falling asleep round the pool hungover to hell for 6 hours. That was fun. 

• Moderators

A lad i know is in Malta and the government or tourism board, in order to encourage more people to go, are offering various amounts of free bar tabs to hotel residents 

He gets 100 euros per day (per person)

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Loved Protaras, went 14 years ago for a mates wedding. Just remember it costing more for booze over there than here. Also got 2nd degree burns on my bum after falling asleep round the pool hungover to hell for 6 hours. That was fun. 

They weren't burns...

9 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

So what are you looking like cost wise for PCR alone going Cyprus for a family of 4? 

If you’re not scared of needles (fully vaccinated) I think it was about £80 in total. One family who came with us had no vaccinations and it cost them the best part of a grand I think.

@Traf is probably best to ask