Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury (a)

L/H White

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

On sale to season ticket holders today

Fingers crossed neither of us are picked as a TV game in the FA Cup or it’s getting shifted again 🙈

I've heard it's a possibility so hang fire booking trains or accommodation... 

6 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Personally it was never going to be on tv

Plenty of better choices 

I was a bit worried when I looked at the other fixtures, very few non league teams at home to anyone of any note (who wants to see Marine v Harrogate or Scarboro v FGR?).  Sheppey are nailed on to be one game but I'm struggling to see who else they pick, not that I care as long as we're not one of them.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I was a bit worried when I looked at the other fixtures, very few non league teams at home to anyone of any note (who wants to see Marine v Harrogate or Scarboro v FGR?).  Sheppey are nailed on to be one game but I'm struggling to see who else they pick, not that I care as long as we're not one of them.

Possibly chesterfield v Portsmouth with them being the highest ranked team? also charlton v cray valley 

Edited by radcliffe white

20 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Possibly chesterfield v Portsmouth with them being the highest ranked team? also charlton v cray valley

Yes Chesterfield a good shout.  It would be unusual for a league team (Charlton) to be on TV at home to a non league team, crowd will be very sparse, made worse by switching KO time or day.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yes Chesterfield a good shout.  It would be unusual for a league team (Charlton) to be on TV at home to a non league team, crowd will be very sparse, made worse by switching KO time or day.

Aye 

If you're going to have an fa cup game on TV you want a decent crowd there for it so you can bang on about the magic of the cup

14 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It’s because they are virtually next door to each other. 

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

It’s because they are virtually next door to each other. 

I'm sure the Cray Valley fans are buzzing for it but if we were at home to Chorley or Radcliffe Boro, Sunday lunch live on TV, we'd only need to sell tickets in ESL to our fans, 3 or 4k at best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was pinned
On 30/10/2023 at 00:58, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Looking forward to this now

Tuesday night.

November.

Shrewsbury.

Cold & Wet. 

No.

Thanks.

On a serious note it’s not selling out this which given our recent form surprises me. 

Edited by captainmed

5 hours ago, captainmed said:

Tuesday night.

November.

Shrewsbury.

Cold & Wet. 

No.

Thanks.

On a serious note it’s not selling out this which given our recent form surprises me. 

Add in the cost of all the recent aways and the proximity to Christmas, I'm not surprised.

16 hours ago, captainmed said:

Tuesday night.

November.

Shrewsbury.

Cold & Wet. 

No.

Thanks.

1044 sold so far, pretty decent for a Tuesday night.

From memory there were about 1300 of us on last snowy December.

Edited by TrickyTrotter