Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oh dear how sad. Everton

batton carrier

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

This

I'd be all for it if there was consistency. 

Based on this latest outcome you'd expect City and Chelsea to be kicked out the league. 

As no decision nor punishment has been made yet, you cannot comment about a lack of consistency. 

Who knows, if found guilty, their punishments may well be more severe.

Another example of deciding a result without knowing the facts nor where the process is up to.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

As no decision nor punishment has been made yet, you cannot comment about a lack of consistency. 

Another example of deciding a result without knowing the facts nor where the process is up to.

That's fair enough to be honest. I did read on after the comment and could see the other side of things. 

With football being the way it is these days and the unfairness of it, it was easy to jump to that conclusion. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Says who exactly?

Best will in the world, you're not carrying out the investigation. 

If it's true that 114 charges are lodged against city, then presumably that will take some time.

Perhaps the Everton case was much easier to determine, but that doesn't mean the others won't be sorted. What is important is to make the case watertight, so as to avoid any legal challenges ruining it. 

Big E supports anything against scousers

Edited by DirtySanchez

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They’re not going to chuck City or Chelsea or Everton out because they bring in loads of money to the PL.

Us, and the pie eaters and more smaller clubs are easier meat.

Always makes me wonder how our future would have been had we stayed up that year when the goal wasn't given, no Big Sam, none of the incredible players we had wouldn't really change it in hindsight, same with the Ipswich semi final disgrace too, terrible defining moments that would completely reshape our future, also if Stoke weren't given that pen in 2-2 game.

As for now, think they'll be fine with the promoted sides struggling.

Edited by Didledee

• Members
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Says who exactly?

Best will in the world, you're not carrying out the investigation. 

If it's true that 114 charges are lodged against city, then presumably that will take some time.

Perhaps the Everton case was much easier to determine, but that doesn't mean the others won't be sorted. What is important is to make the case watertight, so as to avoid any legal challenges ruining it. 

Or just City have better lawyers than Everton 

• Members
2 minutes ago, tomski said:

It’s relevant as the PL picks and chooses when to lay down the law and seems to protect the clubs with more glory fans

They've said they are going after City

Sounds like Chelsea are next 

If Everton are found to be guilty, would you begrudge them for going for them?

21 minutes ago, tomski said:

But not Liverpool or the scum. Weird that

I'll happily admit that I know less than fuck all as to how FFP works

But a bloke I was with at uni has been involved in football on the financial side for many years. His opinion (and it's only an opinion) is that Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and Spurs have sailed close to the wind but not actually crossed a line.

Other point he made is that folk shouldn't confuse FFP with administration, etc, and not look at penalties handed out to other clubs or potential deductions hanging over other clubs as they are not necessarily the same

All that said, would I trust the Prem to follow this up with penalising other clubs? Would I balls

6 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I'll happily admit that I know less than fuck all as to how FFP works

But a bloke I was with at uni has been involved in football on the financial side for many years. His opinion (and it's only an opinion) is that Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and Spurs have sailed close to the wind but not actually crossed a line.

Other point he made is that folk shouldn't confuse FFP with administration, etc, and not look at penalties handed out to other clubs or potential deductions hanging over other clubs as they are not necessarily the same

All that said, would I trust the Prem to follow this up with penalising other clubs? Would I balls

Fair points. It’s hard to deny it feels rigged up to setting the elite up though similar to G14 or whatever they called em selves or The premier league protecting their world wide darlings. I think even a punishment for Man City would be geared up to this.

The point deduction thing has never set right with me. Even with Wigan (though I admit they aren’t rivals to me as much as others) I thought was unfair and sets out to achieve very little if not performed in the moment.

Liverpool or Man U will never get done for this.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Or just City have better lawyers than Everton 

Maybe, but the Everton owners aren't short of a Bob ot two.

From what little I've heard, it seems a relatively simple case to investigate.

I have some sympathy- the lost sponsor revenue will have hurt, and maybe that could have/did mitigate.

The lawyers may come to the fore more should appeals go ahead, or even a hearing in the court of arbitration for sport.

All will come out in the wash.

19 minutes ago, tomski said:

Fair points. It’s hard to deny it feels rigged up to setting the elite up though similar to G14 or whatever they called em selves or The premier league protecting their world wide darlings. I think even a punishment for Man City would be geared up to this.

The point deduction thing has never set right with me. Even with Wigan (though I admit they aren’t rivals to me as much as others) I thought was unfair and sets out to achieve very little if not performed in the moment.

Yep. Agree. I’d be shocked if the Prem apply any punishment to any of the big boys

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, tomski said:

Given the huge earning power of those two clubs, they ought to be able to stay clear of falling foul of ffp.

City are being looked at for what they've done in getting where they are now- and if they've breached regulations then should be punished accordingly. 

Now that they have broken their own glass ceiling and recorded such a massive income, they will probably get into a more sustainable position like the aforementioned red teams.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Yep. Agree. I’d be shocked if the Prem apply any punishment to any of the big boys

I wouldn't. As above, they are the most likely to become "sustainable" through various income streams that will offset big spending.

If they're guilty though, then I'm confident they'll be punished.

No doubt all these clubs may try to utilise "schemes" to their own advantage- and that's where the investigations have to be thorough.