Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leyton Orient (A)

Leyther_Matt

After a poor 1st half, i fully exspected us to come out and take the game to them. But the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half were laughable and it didn't get much better. Really hard to understand. Sheenan diappeared in the first half after his booking, which was a joke. Dempsey and Thomason never got started. 

Edited by waffer cup 07

It's already feeling like a long journey home. Players were poor, backing was weak, weather cold. A really poor day.

Folk booing the team at the end, giving em the vs, calling everyone and anyone shite can all feck off for me.

26 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

FV won’t sign who Evatt doesn’t think we need. Simple. Very little blame to be laid at their door if we’re quiet and to be fair I think they’ve backed him as much as he has wanted whilst they’ve all been here 

what we’re crying out for from the stands and what he thinks we need are 2 totally different things. But one thing we know for certain is he and the whole recruitment team won’t be rushed or pressured in to gung-ho signings 

I think we are playing with fire if we don't sign a recognized centre back in my opinion , if only on loan .

12 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

It's already feeling like a long journey home. Players were poor, backing was weak, weather cold. A really poor day.

Folk booing the team at the end, giving em the vs, calling everyone and anyone shite can all feck off for me.

Did this happen? :(

12 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I think we are playing with fire if we don't sign a recognized centre back in my opinion , if only on loan .

Agreed.

It'd typical that we pick up an injury in the one position we really can't afford to 🙄

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Which one?

That isn't my call but I'm sure the recruitment team are in the know about available targets , I just think we could be in trouble if we get any injuries or suspensions in this hectic period . It would be just our luck to have such a scenario. 

Absolute fucking toilet. Took me right back to that 16/17 season where we were taking loads everywhere and kept getting beat 1-0. Could see from about 15 mins in we'd lose, wank.

I tell you what though, bumping into @jazzamade it all worthwhile, good to see you man. 

Edited by Marc505

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

That isn't my call but I'm sure the recruitment team are in the know about available targets , I just think we could be in trouble if we get any injuries or suspensions in this hectic period . It would be just our luck to have such a scenario. 

You said a "recognised centre back", so I thought you must have at least one in mind? Was Santos "recognised" when we signed him?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Quite.

Especially given that some are feeling that fatigue is creeping in- increases the risk of injuries.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Cheese said:

You said a "recognised centre back", so I thought you must have at least one in mind? Was Santos "recognised" when we signed him?

No, but he was shit at first.

We don't have time to bed anyone in.

You know full well what he is saying, and that it's reasonable. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I don't. I want to know who these "recognised" centre half's are. What does that mean?

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

No I haven't got any player in particular,  I'll leave that to I.E to identify , my point was the need we have for one , unless you think I'm being over picky wanting someone to fit straight in and not just a squad player being shoe horned in .

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No, but he was shit at first.

We don't have time to bed anyone in.

I think he wants me to bite like others but I'm too brassed off to be arsed.

36 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Bang out of order… too much ale no doubt. 

2 hours ago, Arrested development said:

Why do you have to be so smug? Like any small bit of criticism is suddenly frowned upon. If it doesn't piss you off when Bolton play shit then I'm happy for you. Maybe go and do some yoga or drink some fucking cacao and let the rest of us have a moan. 

Hes just an absolute knobhead! But, he will like ive bit!

• Site Supporter
Just now, dusan nikolic said:

No I haven't got any player in particular,  I'll leave that to I.E to identify , my point was the need we have for one , unless you think I'm being over picky wanting someone to fit straight in and not just a squad player being shoe horned in .

You'll leave it to Evatt to identify the player - as long as that player fills a position you've decided we need, and he's a 'recognised' name, although you can't name anyone. How about just let Evatt do his job?

Just now, Cheese said:

You'll leave it to Evatt to identify the player - as long as that player fills a position you've decided we need, and he's a 'recognised' name, although you can't name anyone. How about just let Evatt do his job?

You said a recognized name not me and if you think that position is fully complemented then you are deluded. Oh and I'll give my opinion on the club if I want to thank you very much or do you need educating on how forums work.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Just now, dusan nikolic said:

You said a recognized name not me and if you think that position is fully complemented then you are deluded. Oh and I'll give my opinion on the club if I want to thank you very much or do you need educating on how forums work.

Nope. See above.

I am allowed to give my opinions on what other people post too.

48 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I don't think I'd describe the backing as weak.