Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Atherton Pubs

jeep

Lion on the way in is ok, Cabinet food is good, t'other end of Market St is Tap House, Punch Bowl and Letters. Curisoity used to be ok but not sure after being taken over.

It's mad Friday so folk who drink once a year and think they own the gaff will be out.

27 minutes ago, C86 said:

Lion on the way in is ok, Cabinet food is good, t'other end of Market St is Tap House, Punch Bowl and Letters. Curisoity used to be ok but not sure after being taken over.

It's mad Friday so folk who drink once a year and think they own the gaff will be out.

Isn’t mad Friday next Friday?

Unless Atherton is madder than I thought. 

1 hour ago, C86 said:

Curiosity is doing well since the takeover, I believe the new bar Society is a nice place, Athy is a decent night out now

10 hours ago, jeep said:

Going tomorrow....

Which pubs to go in?

Which pubs to avoid....

Grassy Ass.....

we go Every Christmas Eve  for about last 10 years go out about  2pm till 8/9

start at the Bottom in the Letters 

just work you way up  think 12/15 bars  keep your Eyes open some are small Tap Bars  ease to miss

20 minutes ago, tshape said:

Haha. I really like Athy Arms. Best darts setup and Trailblazer is a decent pint.

Tried a few of the pubs round Athy as I've been working down that way for the last few years. Never been in there though. I'll have to sample a post work pint or 2 in there at some point 👍

27 minutes ago, boogs said:

Do they do food in there? 

Might take the lads in there for something to eat and a couple beers when we finish early next Friday. 

No, not unless you get lucky as we did one time and there was a Saturday night buffet on for the punters 😁 

11 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Is a Pendle Witch still going? 

used to be Kings Head, Pendle Witch, Athy Arms, Letters and Sidroys when I left school when we tried our luck from progressing from supping MD20/20 on Athy Park to getting in pubs! 

Pendle Witch is still going. Has quite a few cask ales on and a mad range of foreign bottled beers

18 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Isn’t mad Friday next Friday?

Unless Atherton is madder than I thought. 

I think with it being near weekend it's gonna be two mad Friday's, athy is mad every Friday.

Full on bounce hard core rave music in Weavers