Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A)

Duck Egg

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The system clearly does work as it sold out within minutes. Just luck of the draw innit, like with any event that has demand exceeding supply.

It's fucking wank. I don't feel as agreaved as others might, as I have only done 3 aways so far this season, but I have tried for 3 or 4 others now and it is fucking infuriating. 

Tickets showed at 9:58 I pressed buy and it was showing Wycombe tickets. I thought I had pressed the wrong button so went back. Definitely pressed buy for the Blackpool game and same thing happened again and then a third time. I managed to get the correct tickets up at 9:59 and it showed availability. I changed it to six seats and it said no seats available in your criteria. I kept on trying different amounts before giving up. It’s a total shambles. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Ani said:

Shows how little you know and understand then. 

The only purpose of the system is to sell tickets, and it sells tickets. Without a loyalty scheme, how else can they do it?

Just now, Cheese said:

The only purpose of the system is to sell tickets, and it sells tickets. Without a loyalty scheme, how else can they do it?

This is like picking a fight in a room full of drunks :D

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I didn't say it was good, I said it works.

If it worked properly you wouldn't get lobbed out and your basket cleared after getting tickets, assigning then and submitting and approving your payment

It's very hit and miss

Genuine question this, if anybody knows......

I'm guessing the morons in the supporters trust don't raise this as an issue with Neil as they probably get given and allocation of tickets before they even go on sale. Would I be correct in that assumption?

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

As I said you do not use the system or understand. 

7 minutes ago, boogs said:

I'm guessing the morons in the supporters trust don't raise this as an issue with Neil as they probably get given and allocation of tickets before they even go on sale. Would I be correct in that assumption?

No idea if they get tickets. There a ST session with NH coming up so might get raised then, I only know 2 members of ST by sight and never see them at away games but tbf I hardly see anyone, always amazes how many people at away games I do not recognise from just seeing them at games. I understand people I know might avoid me. 😒

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, boogs said:

This is the sort of thing they should be doing 

There seems to be some notion that we will get promoted and then won't need a loyalty scheme

But if these allocations are anything to go by I wouldn't be so sure 

Blackburn 7,500
Preston 5,800
Coventry 4,500
Sheff Wed 3,500
Bristol City 3,000
Leeds 3,000
Leicester 3,000
Millwall 3,000
QPR 3,000
Southampton 3,000
Stoke 2,600
Sunderland 2,500
Huddersfield 2,300
Rotherham 2,300
Birmingham 2,250
Cardiff 2,250
Ipswich 2,100
Hull 2,000
Middlesbrough 2,000
Norwich 2,000
Swansea 2,000
Watford 2,000
WBA 2,000
Plymouth 1,500

12 minutes ago, Chicken dippers said:

Tickets showed at 9:58 I pressed buy and it was showing Wycombe tickets. I thought I had pressed the wrong button so went back. Definitely pressed buy for the Blackpool game and same thing happened again and then a third time. I managed to get the correct tickets up at 9:59 and it showed availability. I changed it to six seats and it said no seats available in your criteria. I kept on trying different amounts before giving up. It’s a total shambles. 

We missed out too, not sure what the issue for LLLE was. TBH, I'm not that bothered as I'm getting "Away Day Fatigue" 😁

Hopefully we'll see you & L on Saturday at Northampton 👍

"You used to come in a Yaris, come in a Yaris......" 😉

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The system clearly does work as it sold out within minutes. Just luck of the draw innit, like with any event that has demand exceeding supply.

Whilst at school I used to write with chalk on a board either attached to a wall or perched on an easel. The board was black.

Over to you, Cheese…

17 minutes ago, Zico said:

There seems to be some notion that we will get promoted and then won't need a loyalty scheme

Blackburn 7,500
Preston 5,800
Coventry 4,500
Sheff Wed 3,500
Bristol City 3,000
Leeds 3,000
Leicester 3,000
Millwall 3,000
QPR 3,000
Southampton 3,000
Stoke 2,600
Sunderland 2,500
Huddersfield 2,300
Rotherham 2,300
Birmingham 2,250
Cardiff 2,250
Ipswich 2,100
Hull 2,000
Middlesbrough 2,000
Norwich 2,000
Swansea 2,000
Watford 2,000
WBA 2,000
Plymouth 1,500

It doesn’t take long for followings to fall if you’re losing every week.

From the bottom up, out of those 10, I can only see maybe 2 of them being an issue - WBA and one other, maybe Brum/Boro. 

• Moderators
Just now, captainmed said:

It doesn’t take long for followings to fall if you’re losing every week.

From the bottom up, out of those 10, I can only see maybe 2 of them being an issue - WBA and one other, maybe Brum/Boro. 

Going off current demand,you could see demand for Sunderland, Stoke, Huddersfield, Rotherham, Hull and Brum in as well if we're on a roll or they are early season fixtures 

They won't sort it though 

Whether we get promoted or not

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Zico said:

Blackburn 7,500
Preston 5,800
Coventry 4,500
Sheff Wed 3,500
Bristol City 3,000
Leeds 3,000
Leicester 3,000
Millwall 3,000
QPR 3,000
Southampton 3,000
Stoke 2,600
Sunderland 2,500
Huddersfield 2,300
Rotherham 2,300
Birmingham 2,250
Cardiff 2,250
Ipswich 2,100
Hull 2,000
Middlesbrough 2,000
Norwich 2,000
Swansea 2,000
Watford 2,000
WBA 2,000
Plymouth 1,500

Strange that Lancashire Constabulary, who are unable to police more than 2000 away supporters in Blackpool are able to police almost 3x and 4x that number within the same county.

37 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I agree!

I managed to get 2 tickets this morning but there have been plenty of other matches that I have failed to get tickets, despite being online and logged-in well before 10:00am.

As you say, without a loyalty scheme, the system works; It's a local derby, there's just over 2k tickets available of which 300+ automatically go to the away-season-ticket-holders plus more to the corporates, so there's going to be LOTS of disappointed fans - AS A RESULT OF THE SHORTAGE OF TICKETS, NOT THE FAILURE OF THE SYSTEM.

With Sheff Utd coming down as well, they only give the bottom tier which cant be more than 2,500

And Burnley, think their allocation is just over 2,000

so whichever league we are in we're going to have this problem, it can't be that hard to bring in a loyalty system, they have all our details and order history. Unfair to those who go to the likes of Portsmouth / Cambridge etc. and they miss out on the more local away games

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, JOGLER said:

I agree!

I managed to get 2 tickets this morning but there have been plenty of other matches that I have failed to get tickets, despite being online and logged-in well before 10:00am.

As you say, without a loyalty scheme, the system works; It's a local derby, there's just over 2k tickets available of which 300+ automatically go to the away-season-ticket-holders plus more to the corporates, so there's going to be LOTS of disappointed fans - AS A RESULT OF THE SHORTAGE OF TICKETS, NOT THE FAILURE OF THE SYSTEM.

The frustration for me comes from actually getting allocated tickets by the system, it showing me the row and seat they are, I then assign them as requested by the system, it then tells me they are in my basket and I have two minutes to complete the transaction 

I then do my bit regards payment in under 30 seconds then watch as the timer ticks down as it fails to process my transaction in time 

If the tickets are not available due to a shortage I don't want to see them in my basket, only for them to be taken out of my basket and given to some one else through no fault of my own 

If I never got to that point I would accept it's not the failure of the system 

However I've found myself in the position several times

There's only me and the system involved 

And it's not my fault

14 minutes ago, JOGLER said:

I agree!

What about folk getting tickets before 10am?

Or folk getting logged out for no reason?

Or options to buy disappearing or not appearing at all?

15 minutes ago, JOGLER said:

I agree!

Putting things in capitals and bold does not make them right. 

When someone logs on at the right time and allocates tickets to their basket but then those tickets disappear, that is a system failure. 

47 minutes ago, jeep said:

We missed out too, not sure what the issue for LLLE was. TBH, I'm not that bothered as I'm getting "Away Day Fatigue" 😁

Hopefully we'll see you & L on Saturday at Northampton 👍

"You used to come in a Yaris, come in a Yaris......" 😉

😁 me and L are on the 8:31 from Wigan on Saturday mate. 

17 minutes ago, mattbwfc19 said:

With Sheff Utd coming down as well, they only give the bottom tier which cant be more than 2,500

And Burnley, think their allocation is just over 2,000

so whichever league we are in we're going to have this problem, it can't be that hard to bring in a loyalty system, they have all our details and order history. Unfair to those who go to the likes of Portsmouth / Cambridge etc. and they miss out on the more local away games

What about those that live down there and do all those games but never step foot in the reebok? :)