Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A)

Duck Egg

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Id really love to know the ins and outs of it all.

How many actually make it to one second past ten?

How the fuck can it sell out in 34 seconds?

This is the real issue here, not the size of the allocation.

We have to accept that 2k is the max allocation at Blackpool, it is what it is.
The question is "How many tickets were actually available at 10.00:00 this morning ie the official sale time?
We know there didn't seem to be any at all at 10.00:35, so where are they?
I'm not having that they sold 1650 tickets is 34 seconds...

11 minutes ago, Traf said:

The question is "How many tickets were actually available at 10.00:00 this morning ie the official sale time?

It isn’t beyond the realms to be quite honest as don’t forget they only have to be in baskets at that point rather than necessarily ‘sold’. At an industry-wide average of 4 tickets per basket, that only needs 413 people and it’s gone. The actual average basket might even be higher than that (I needed 10, for example) in which case there are even fewer successful buyers.

Obviously there’s also a consideration that Ticketmaster Mean Time seems to be two minutes in front of the rest of the country which very much needs looking in to. 

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

@radcliffe white

Sat there with a wry grin on this face I bet 😎😎

2nd half of season was going to the useful part for these away season tickets, the ones that don’t logged on at 9.58 and got some so all good

but the whole set up is wrong hopefully won’t have this next season 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Traf said:

Didn't want to go anyway. I'll just go for a day on the lash.

Thinking same. Day out in Blackpool.

But, how do you explain to a friend of wife’s who’ll go to Wembley, Barnsley in play-offs, Fleetwood, Carlisle, Port Vale and the rest of the fairly local away days that you aren’t interested in her getting Blackpool tickets?

Oh, and Mutley can fuck off if he thinks putting the miles in on distant aways somehow rewards folk by giving them a low allocation ticket. 

23 minutes ago, Traf said:

Also once on the system how often are tickets selected and by the time you assign them it times you out ? Or when you go to authorise payment ? You have so many minutes to complete transaction but it does give you that time.

The allocation causes problems but the system and processes simply do not work. In Neil Harts world this is the ‘customer experience’ and it is shit. Does not matter it is outsourced. I wonder how many times he or his staff have actually ‘mystery shopped’ the process when it is busy.

Same logic applies to the non stewarding of the car parks which sees cars parked 2 abreast on road down the middle but all Neil sees is the ££ generated. 

My morning has gone BWFC tickets - O2 customer services following up on the cut off calls from yesterday - NHS referral where they left a message but no number to call back on -Inland Revenue 3rd letter of week with latest tax codes on. 

How do people have time to work 🥹

Then Northampton tickets arrived so that made everything ok. I feel like I am a Dido song. (I know it sounds like Dildo) 

• Site Supporter

I was 50/50 as to whether I was even going to bother with this anyway - don't like Blackpool as a place and it'll be an idiots day out.

I'll just stay at home and watch it, can't be bothered feeling rough the day after either

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Also once on the system how often are tickets selected and by the time you assign them it times you out ? Or when you go to authorise payment ? You have so many minutes to complete transaction but it does give you that time.

The allocation causes problems but the system and processes simply do not work. In Neil Harts world this is the ‘customer experience’ and it is shit. Does not matter it is outsourced. I wonder how many times he or his staff have actually ‘mystery shopped’ the process when it is busy.

Same logic applies to the non stewarding of the car parks which sees cars parked 2 abreast on road down the middle but all Neil sees is the ££ generated. 

The system clearly does work as it sold out within minutes. Just luck of the draw innit, like with any event that has demand exceeding supply.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

The system clearly does work as it sold out within minutes. Just luck of the draw innit, like with any event that has demand exceeding supply.

Another one who never has to use it

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

No it does not, I know you love to try and sound clever but end up doing the opposite. 

If you can explain how a system you never use delivers a good customer experience that might help, but as you do not use it how can you ? 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Definitely on sale at 09:58 as that’s when I always start pressing refresh and they appeared straight away. Got lucky, really as I didn’t even have long enough to log in on two decides as a failsafe.

Have you got a NatWest or RBS card? I’ve been having issues with NatWest on there recently but used it for season tickets and worked again today

Yeah I'm NatWest  

Mate was the one who got them in his basket 

He's RBS

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

No it does not, I know you love to try and sound clever but end up doing the opposite. 

If you can explain how a system you never use delivers a good customer experience that might help, but as you do not use it how can you ? 

I didn't say it was good, I said it works.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Shows how little you know and understand then.