Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (A)

1 minute ago, Lostock Whites said:

We all have our own takes, but me personally I just felt indifferent, I watched that game just sat back with not ounce of excitement of belief. I wasn't even bothered, I just felt that nothing was ever going to happen and it was like a pre season game.

Same

And similar to the point @tomskimade earlier, it's doesn't feel like a promotion race at all

The form table since the turn of the year tells the tale

5 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Our top two strikers are missing scored something like 30 between them and no one else is close, surely that has something to do with us being toothless.

We're creating very little that's the issue 

2 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Our top two strikers are missing scored something like 30 between them and no one else is close, surely that has something to do with us being toothless.

Course it does, but teams that get promoted overcome, adapt and find a way. At no point did even look like threatening today, at all. 

I'm sorry mate, not looking for an argument. I'm just sat on a minibus, drinking wine, at the start of a long journey home. I'm sulking 

We’re awful at times. Making it easy for Derby.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we pull it back to a point or two, then put in another performance like that & drift away. Shocking captain’s performance from Santos.

We need to stick behind Evatt & the lads until the end this year. But if we fail to reach the playoff final then it’s time to move on for me.

1 minute ago, boogs said:

Course it does, but teams that get promoted overcome, adapt and find a way. At no point did even look like threatening today, at all. 

I'm sorry mate, not looking for an argument. I'm just sat on a minibus, drinking wine, at the start of a long journey home. I'm sulking 

Completely agree.

Look at Derby against us 2 weeks ago. Their main strikers were injured, Gayle got injured and they played the rest of the game against us with no fit strikers.

They scored a goal from the right back from a corner and won 1-0. They won 1-0 again today.

We have 3 strikers including League 1s player of the season last season.

Derby are getting the job done with a crippled and old squad. Pompey been crippled all season and will win the league.

Absolutely no excuse, in 2024 we have been shocking.

9 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Play off fodder

Anyone who thinks we can get automatic promotion is a fool or deluded 

It'd take Dion back and some kind of spark from somewhere. And 2-3 Derby fuck ups.

Play offs it is.

Scramble for tickets and more big game bottling. Think I'd rather finish 7th and crack on for next season.

2 minutes ago, boogs said:

No arguments from me, we’re all wanting the same thing as fans, it’s really frustrating as I thought after two weeks on the training ground we would have been bang at it, the fact we weren’t makes you start analysing the performance. Hope the wine numbs your frustrating journey home.

3 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Completely agree.

Look at Derby against us 2 weeks ago. Their main strikers were injured, Gayle got injured and they played the rest of the game against us with no fit strikers.

They scored a goal from the right back from a corner and won 1-0. They won 1-0 again today.

We have 3 strikers including League 1s player of the season last season.

Derby are getting the job done with a crippled and old squad. Pompey been crippled all season and will win the league.

Absolutely no excuse, in 2024 we have been shocking.

Correct.

We needed 1 goal today and drew another blank when we could least afford it.

Not sure where folk are getting the idea that we'd paste anyone at Wembley if we got there too- because we beat Plymouth?

Different stakes playoffs. 

Only small positive I can take today is blackpool may not make the playoffs. 

Don't fancy us one bit over 2 legs against them.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

It'd take Dion back and some kind of spark from somewhere. And 2-3 Derby fuck ups.

Play offs it is.

Scramble for tickets and more big game bottling. Think I'd rather finish 7th and crack on for next season.

I know what you mean mate - playoffs are awful when you're in them.

But we really need to somehow get up.this season.

I honestly feel failing to will impact our progress badly.

We're not a good playoff team, but if blackpool aren't in, we'll have a chance 🤞

Blackpool, Wigan, Derby, Today.

Those are the games that get you out of a division.

Big games that set the tone for everyone and everything else.

Dig deep, battle like fuck, loads of tempo and just get the fucking result at all costs.

Our lot just haven't got it upstairs.

Weak as piss mentality. 

Need a fucking shrink at the club above anything else.

10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Play offs it is.

If we can’t go up this season then no hope next

18 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Interested to hear Evatt post match comments more than likely watched a different game to us . 

I’m not. I could tell how it will pan out. Ref didn’t give us enough. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, tomski said:

In grand scheme of things made little difference if we want 2nd.

If we are settling for play offs see above. 

In the grand scheme of things, nothing is certain yet.