Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Had lunch today in a Brasserie in town, the bloke serving us was quite obviously a gayer.

What I don't get though is why loads of them speak with that high-pitched, lispy kind of voice...? Is it taught or some kind of physical effect of having your back-gates smashed in?

I mean, your choice of clothes, cars, football team etc doesn't effect the pitch of your voice, so why your sexuality?

• Site Supporter
Had lunch today in a Brasserie in town, the bloke serving us was quite obviously a gayer.

What I don't get though is why loads of them speak with that high-pitched, lispy kind of voice...? Is it taught or some kind of physical effect of having your back-gates smashed in?

I mean, your choice of clothes, cars, football team etc doesn't effect the pitch of your voice, so why your sexuality?

I've often wondered this exact same thing, why do they do it?

I've often wondered this also, is it to let straight folk know they are gay? because we would never guess from their mincing actions alone would we?

And another thing - if you notice a lot of their mannerisms are similar - yet in the case of your average man or woman, it's very rare to see the same facial expressions. <_<

Perhaps theres only actually one gay man in Britain, and he just changes his clothes and hair a lot.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Why are you typing in such a high pitched tone?

• Members
Why are the only jobs they do are hair dressing, the theatre and mincing down the aisle for Easy Jet?

:rofl: That's it. Turn on yer mate Crawley! Must admit though, his liking for barbecuing phallic vegetables does make one wonder.

Guest kempo
Why are the only jobs they do are hair dressing, the "theatre" and mincing down the aisle for Easy Jet?

:rofl: :rofl:

Not to many in the building trade is there.

Why are the only jobs they do are hair dressing, the "theatre", mincing down the aisle for Easy Jet and boxing?

"Emile Griffith is the only openly homosexual boxing champion in

history. He won titles as a welterweight and jr.

middleweight.In 1962 during a

weigh-in for a welterweight championship fight against

Benny Paret; Paret reportedly called his Emile a "maricon"

(the Spanish equivalent of "faggot"). Emile was furious

and had to be restrained. In the 12th round of their fight,

Emile knocked Paret unconscious but Paret didn't go down;

instead he got stuck and propped up against the ropes. The

referee failed to stop the fight, and Griffith hit Paret 23

more times. Paret died 9 days later. Many believe Paret's

homosexual slur made Emile mad enough to literally kill Paret"

"Emile Griffith is the only openly homosexual boxing champion in

history. He won titles as a welterweight and jr.

middleweight.In 1962 during a

weigh-in for a welterweight championship fight against

Benny Paret; Paret reportedly called his Emile a "maricon"

(the Spanish equivalent of "faggot"). Emile was furious

and had to be restrained. In the 12th round of their fight,

Emile knocked Paret unconscious but Paret didn't go down;

instead he got stuck and propped up against the ropes. The

referee failed to stop the fight, and Griffith hit Paret 23

more times. Paret died 9 days later. Many believe Paret's

homosexual slur made Emile mad enough to literally kill Paret"

probably the most brutal finish to a fight ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKw0kkJQzA

Jules, your a fcuking legend!! you crack me up........bloody gayer!!!! haha!

I agree I think its one of them that is self tought from the manual once they realise turds need to be burgled!

Why are the only jobs they do are hair dressing, the "theatre" and mincing down the aisle for Easy Jet?

mmm, not like there's any gay footballers is it?

( lets guess how many times 'allegedly' will be used in this thread now!)

Its true there are a lot of gay men in theatre, but they are mainly the actors/creatives. I've met more effeminate builders than people who work the stage crew or production.

There is much scientific research that it is natural.

There is also research that indicates that we all have elements of male & female.

You want to see my garnish for the sunday roast.

There is much scientific research that it is natural.

There is also research that indicates that we all have elements of male & female.

You want to see my garnish for the sunday roast.

If you are a ladyboy BD in this day and age its nowt to be afraid of.

People afraid to come out

Actor Alan Cumming has said the media's attitude towards homosexuality is scaring off gay actors from coming out.

The 43-year-old X-Men 2 star said actors were afraid because the press portrayed being gay as controversial.

"I don't think the people that go see films care that much - the media make it more of a deal and it's made into controversy," he told the BBC.

Cumming added: "There is a lot of homophobia in the world - but in Hollywood definitely."

Pigeonholed

Actors like Stephen Fry and Rupert Everett recently complained they feel pigeonholed since coming out.

But Cumming, who "married" his partner Grant Shaffer in a civil ceremony last year, does not think he has been.

"Some of them do, but lots of straight actors get pigeonholed in various roles," he said.

Cumming will soon be seen in Tin Man, a modern take on The Wizard of Oz

"I'm quite outspoken in the media about what I perceive as a civil rights struggle that gay people in America are still going through.

"But I don't think that I only play gay characters, or I wouldn't be as convincing if I had a wife or a girlfriend in a movie."

Derek Munn, director of public affairs for Stonewall which promotes equality and justice for gay people, said: "Stonewall has long been concerned about the representation of lesbian and gay people, both in the film industry and the media in general.

"The pitifully low number of openly lesbian or gay actors suggests that there is a problem. The film industry needs to think about why it is that gay actors choose not to come out.'

Cumming, who was born in Perthshire, Scotland, now divides his time between the UK and the US.

In addition to his theatre work, he has starred in Hollywood films including GoldenEye, Spy Kids and the 2000 remake of Get Carter.

He will soon be seen in Tin Man, a modern re-working of The Wizard of Oz, to be shown on the Sci-Fi Channel in the UK this month.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.