Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carling Cup Vs Chelsea (a)

MickyD

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

Booked in at Express at holiday Inn at Earls Court. ?219 for a night ind the return train. (for 4 of us. Kids are . . . ahem . . . 12 again and therefore sty at the hotel for free!)

Stick yer free Werthers up yer combined arses!

Edited by MickyD

I am planning on going down on the Tuesday by train (?22) and then come back on free travel, do you think this is possible or will I have to be on the journey down?

Where is the usual drinking place for an away day at Chelsea, never been before but couldn't pass on these prices.

Really looking forward to this one now

Anyone can remember when we played them down there in the league cup and got a 1-1 draw only to lost 6-0 at Burnden? Same season we lost 3-0 in the FA Cup there

We took a big following in the league cup and we had a good drink after the game

• Site Supporter
We've sold just under 600 so far, im still undecided on going....

Strange. I asked yesterday when I bought mine and they told me they'd sold about 750 and expect 900 because of the free coaches.

Will we have to buy tickets before hand or can we get them down there......Widders are you going to order the tickets?

Police are stopping the coaches at Watford Gap services and all ticketless fans will be put on coaches back to Bolton to prevent rioting from Bolton hooligans.

People in private vehicles without tickets will have their car stopped by one of those stinger things - fact!

I think that's only if you use the M6 Toll Road. If you travel to London without using the toll road you have a far better chance of getting there, although I do hear they will also be sending the police helicopters up around the Watford area (on the M1), apparently they can use their thermal imaging cameras to see if you have tickets (I believe the "foil" on the tickets shows up reallly well on their screens).

So in summary, if you're travelling from Bolton, without a ticket, and you want to get there without any Police "issues" then I recommend going across the M62, down the A1 and then around the M25 (clockwise) from South Mimms. The only other problem might be that their is also talk of deploying sniffer dogs at the QE2 Bridge Toll to search for ticketless fans................it's going to be tricky! - but if you're determined, you'll get there

Oh yes, I nearly forgot - FACT!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.