Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

E D L march

But what is the EDL going to do prevent another 7/7?

Or is the entire EDL part of the Anti-terrorist police and this is all some ellaborate sting operation?

I did not see you on here kicking off when that choudry or what ever its called was ranting on tele,

fcuk um.These are English lads who have had enough of all this shit,sharia law this,al qaeda that.

What about when thousands of Muslims marched throught london,some dressed as suicide bombers

and other with signs saying Europe your 9/11 is coming were was you then?

Choudry? was he the tool from Islam4UK who wanted to parade through wooton basset?

If so i was on here pointing out it was the rantings of an imbecile designed to generate publicity for him and his band of brain washed followers.

It was his lot that started this whole things,if they can march then so can the EDL and good luck to them

• Members

To all those spouting the ' what will it achieve?' message - why protest about anything then? It is about raising the profile of a perceived problem. Predictably, the lefties only question the use of these types of events when it is counter to their philosophy.

Frank - a justifiable cheap shot. Unconcerned. Part of the reason I am here is connected with this problem. Foresaw it 20 years ago when offered the opportunity. If I was still there, no doubt I would be EDL. Too many have just sat around and let this situation develop.

Carlos - St. Georges Cross underpants in my case. Worn with pride in part of the British Commonwealth. I shall consider your glib comment whilst sipping a cold cider at this evenings Cottesloe Beach sundowner.

Tylds - Irish bars? Not in my case. Elephant & Wheelbarrow; Moon & Sixpence and the Lucky Shag. Go on - guess which nationality of pubs they are.

I'd shudder to think what Churchill would have to say on the subject, but I reckon even he would remind the 'protesters' of whatever persuasion they may be about the fact that we may not agree with them about what they protest, but we shall fight for the right for these people to protest.

Freedom of speech. We may not like it but they have a right (in this country) to voice their opinion. MOST people can make their mind up and therefore it really won't make a hap'orth of difference who protests against whom or what for whatever cause. We've all seen it before.

That's why this country is the greatest in the world, and why all these folks want to migrate here.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

BUT

We shall never surrender!

Still can't see why they singled Bolton out though, we don't have that much of a problem with our local races and castes, I think we all rub along just fine in an English 'getting on with it' kinda way! The muslims, jews, hindus, sikhs, blacks and whites that I know personally are happy to live here and get on with their lives, (and they love it, as one of them smiled last week, anything's better than going back to 'that shithole, Pakistan' (and that's where his family (but not he) is from!) this is merely an attempt to stir up the racial tensions we thankfully don't really enjoy. If that's the right word!?

Freedom of speech. We may not like it but they have a right (in this country) to voice their opinion. MOST people can make their mind up and therefore it really won't make a hap'orth of difference who protests against whom or what for whatever cause. We've all seen it before.

That's why this country is the greatest in the world, and why all these folks want to migrate here.

I think it's more to do with our benefits system.

How can the protest raise awareness of radical islam any more? the fuckers blew up London!

People know it exists and it is a big problem that's why step are being taken to try and counter act them.

One of the most respected Islamic teachers in the world issued a Fatwa against radical Islam the other week complete with Theoretical reasonings as to why Terrorism is 'un-muslimly'.

I never understood the stop the war marches either, we spent millions (if not billions) send our troops to Iraq/Afghanistan and fucked up their country even more (in a 'you've got to break some eggs to make an omlette' type way) if we pulled out after the marches we'd be even more hated than we already are.

you can't have a march agreeing with government policies ie an end to radical islam, as they'll turn round and go yes we want an end to it too that's what we're trying to do.

• Site Supporter

Exactly. The problem this is now causing is because many of the muslims we encounter (not all BTW) do not integrate into our society on a day to day basis. Now there are muslim extremists plotting to endanger the lives of British people (whatever your colour, creed or background), this isolation of those who follow the islamic faith has increased this division.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying folk can't live their lives however they please (we are supposed to be a free country after all) but this is something that aggrieved a large proportion of a generation or two and the events in New York and London have only served to add rocket fuel to what was the embers of a dying fire.

I'd say the problem is, the radicals don't wear a badge saying "Hi, My name's Taliq, I'm a radical Muslim." Just as in Afganistan, the afgans who wave at the troops during patrols and then shoot them when hidden, don't wear badges proclaiming their beliefs. They all integrate into their own societies and enjoy a degree of anonimity.

Their neighbours, rather than hiding these radicals, ought to be outing them. I'd say if the Government put a ?10k bounty on every radical Muslim committed to trial and found guilty then their neighbours wouldn't resist for too long if society guaranteed their anonimity.

• Moderators

Frank - a justifiable cheap shot. Unconcerned. Part of the reason I am here is connected with this problem. Foresaw it 20 years ago when offered the opportunity. If I was still there, no doubt I would be EDL. Too many have just sat around and let this situation develop.

From what I know of you, if you were in Bolton and not Oz you wouldn't be seen dead with these EDF nuggets. You'd have better things to do than turn out with a load of knuckledraggers, like polishing up your Honda Melody.

• Site Supporter

I'd shudder to think what Churchill would have to say on the subject, but I reckon even he would remind the 'protesters' of whatever persuasion they may be about the fact that we may not agree with them about what they protest, but we shall fight for the right for these people to protest.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

BUT

We shall never surrender!

Still can't see why they singled Bolton out though, we don't have that much of a problem with our local races and castes, I think we all rub along just fine in an English 'getting on with it' kinda way! The muslims, jews, hindus, sikhs, blacks and whites that I know personally are happy to live here and get on with their lives, (and they love it, as one of them smiled last week, anything's better than going back to 'that shithole, Pakistan' (and that's where his family (but not he) is from!) this is merely an attempt to stir up the racial tensions we thankfully don't really enjoy. If that's the right word!?

Apparently on one of their last marches, I think in Leeds, alot of the EDL protesters who participated were from Bolton.

From what I know of you, if you were in Bolton and not Oz you wouldn't be seen dead with these EDF nuggets. You'd have better things to do than turn out with a load of knuckledraggers, like polishing up your Honda Melody.

Bolty'll just love that one :nea:

Aero50right84small.jpg

:D

• Site Supporter

Maybe people see what they want to see. I don't consider myself to be politically left or right,

But generally I see Bolton as a multi racial society

where mixes of various ethnicity get on well together. This exists in schools, work and social environments. Unfortunately Extremism exists, in small pockets, regardless of your race. Events like this will

only fuel this. Boltons pledge for cohesive communities gets my vote.

Personally I am extremely pissed of its happening this weekend, we had arranged, a while

back at xmas time, a couples evening eating out in town. Plans have had to change and we are struggling getting taxis sorted.

:angry:

To all those spouting the ' what will it achieve?' message - why protest about anything then? It is about raising the profile of a perceived problem. Predictably, the lefties only question the use of these types of events when it is counter to their philosophy.

Carlos - St. Georges Cross underpants in my case. Worn with pride in part of the British Commonwealth. I shall consider your glib comment whilst sipping a cold cider at this evenings Cottesloe Beach sundowner.

Tylds - Irish bars? Not in my case. Elephant & Wheelbarrow; Moon & Sixpence and the Lucky Shag. Go on - guess which nationality of pubs they are.

Foresaw what? Radical Islam?

Did you bollox

Guest bwfcdan

Apparently on one of their last marches, I think in Leeds, alot of the EDL protesters who participated were from Bolton.

And there seems to be plenty of Bolton folk going on Saturday, as well as a load from all over the country. What im worried about is the after effects of Saturday, asains and whites at each others throats for the next few month :nea:

ha ha , knuckledraggers or not, they would get the lettering correct :yahoo: :drinks:

And there seems to be plenty of Bolton folk going on Saturday, as well as a load from all over the country. What im worried about is the after effects of Saturday, asains and whites at each others throats for the next few month :nea:

Aye but when these English Defense League members have fecked off back to Cardiff and Edinborough why should they give a shite.

St Georges Boxers, drinking cider in English pubs.... you not want to conform to Aussie culture?? U better watch out, otherwise u'll get the ADL wanting you out!!

• Moderators

St Georges Boxers, drinking cider in English pubs.... you not want to conform to Aussie culture?? U better watch out, otherwise u'll get the ADL wanting you out!!

For the final time... can you use English please.

Of all the piles of tripe that have been written during this thread this really has made me chuckle. Wearing underpants for pride in the British Commonwealth? We shall wear them on the beaches, we shall wear them in the bedroom, and in the kitchen....we shall never let them get skiddy.

You are right though, I've sat around and let the hoards come upon us, reading the Guardian and eating Falafel. Totally swamped, honestly you can't move for Islamic extremists.

Finally, a little tale from the London bombings. My wife had a friend killed, we went to the funeral. Three weeks later her brother was at our wedding, lovely bloke comes from a very religious family. He more than anyone I have met has lost directly as a part of this 'issue', he doesn't condone the sort of responses by the EDL (well, he's married a Welsh girl for starters)they don't speak for him and his loss. These marches won't bring his sister back nor will they prevent another atrocity. Its all a guise for scared young men to express anger at feeling marginalised and men who are old enough to know better, manipulating these lads.

I'm not absolving them from blame, but when your aspirations are limited by education or by background, you naturally look for anyone to blame - so lets blame the immigrants, and lets create nostalgia for an unremembered Albion. For good measure chuck in an alien religious ideology (but only the bits that fit the agenda) and the romantic ideal of crusade iconography. Stir it around, and pick those places where the numbers of potential recruits and underlying enemy are abundant to protest and you've got a movement that will damage the very things they supposedly support.

It was the same in Barking when I worked there, the people who voted BMP, they weren't inherently racist, just scared and found themselves being pushed to the margins of society's discourse. And before you start I know New Labour helped create a vacuum for this sort of group to flourish in the traditional heartlands.

• Moderators

Finally, a little tale from the London bombings. My wife had a friend killed, we went to the funeral. Three weeks later her brother was at our wedding, lovely bloke comes from a very religious family. He more than anyone I have met has lost directly as a part of this 'issue', he doesn't condone the sort of responses by the EDL (well, he's married a Welsh girl for starters)they don't speak for him and his loss. These marches won't bring his sister back nor will they prevent another atrocity. Its all a guise for scared young men to express anger at feeling marginalised and men who are old enough to know better, manipulating these lads.

Sorry to hear that, really. But... very religious family - they'd forgive anything, some of the things I've heard from religious folk, "forgiving" those that have killed their kids, fuck me, some of them even pray for the killers. If there's ever a march against all forms of religion I'll be there.