Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nat Lofthouse Funeral

Smiley

Bburn Wanderer, take the detention. Technically you are in the wrong and the Headmaster has to be "seen" to be doing his job but you have stood up for something you believe in which will stand you in good stead in later life, take it like a man.

Only just saw this now, i had was about to accept the detention, when my deputy head and assistant walked into the room defending me, they said i shouldnt due to him being my hero, my love for bolton and just saying goodbye to a footballing legend.

Then again, my headteachers a right tosser and im there till half 4 tomorrow :'(

Only just saw this now, i had was about to accept the detention, when my deputy head and assistant walked into the room defending me, they said i shouldnt due to him being my hero, my love for bolton and just saying goodbye to a footballing legend.

Then again, my headteachers a right tosser and im there till half 4 tomorrow :'(

You can get into detention for attending a funeral? What fuckin' school are you at?

Is he a DMB?

If they did that in front of you then the BPD headmaster should sack them.

Very moving day on Wednesday. It was nice to see so many off here and a lot of familiar faces pay their respects.

I sincerely doubt that one man will mean so much to the town ever again, and rightly so.

This has started me off again :( Nat's memorial

A dignified memorial service was attended by those who knew the man best, and it was here that Nat?s son, Jeff, passed on the details of his final hours in the Beechville Nursing Home, where he died on Saturday, January 15.

?I?m told dad had a sudden surge of energy, which sometimes happens when people reach their final day,? he told a gathering of around 60 people.

?During the course of the afternoon, he insisted on being shaved. He insisted on being dressed, which had not happened for some time.

?If you remember him, you will know how immaculately dressed he always was. Always a shirt and tie and jacket, never an open neck.

?It was the first time in 10 days that he went down to the dining room. He ate dinner, and had more than he had managed for the past two weeks. He went back to his room and Wayne, the nurse, helped him back into bed where he went to sleep for the final time.

?But I am told that before he went to sleep he said something.

??I?ve got the ball now. It?s a bit worn, but I?ve got it.??

This has started me off again :( Nat's memorial

A dignified memorial service was attended by those who knew the man best, and it was here that Nat?s son, Jeff, passed on the details of his final hours in the Beechville Nursing Home, where he died on Saturday, January 15.

?I?m told dad had a sudden surge of energy, which sometimes happens when people reach their final day,? he told a gathering of around 60 people.

?During the course of the afternoon, he insisted on being shaved. He insisted on being dressed, which had not happened for some time.

?If you remember him, you will know how immaculately dressed he always was. Always a shirt and tie and jacket, never an open neck.

?It was the first time in 10 days that he went down to the dining room. He ate dinner, and had more than he had managed for the past two weeks. He went back to his room and Wayne, the nurse, helped him back into bed where he went to sleep for the final time.

?But I am told that before he went to sleep he said something.

??I?ve got the ball now. It?s a bit worn, but I?ve got it.??

I'm the same J. welling up reading it.

it was a vey emotional day,was a fantastic turn out by the people of bolton,

can't deny had a few tears in my eye pat due to nat and also to personal circimstances, there's only a few other footballers who would attract a crowd like that.

hope we did the lofthouse family proud.

it was a vey emotional day,was a fantastic turn out by the people of bolton,

can't deny had a few tears in my eye pat due to nat and also to personal circimstances, there's only a few other footballers who would attract a crowd like that.

hope we did the lofthouse family proud.

Watching the sky interview/tribute now

The essence of this man and what he represented will never pass away

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.