Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nat Lofthouse Funeral

Smiley

Agreed - Taylor was very, very impressive.

Not something we've heard too often this season, but joking aside it was an excellent and moving speech from the heart.

Edited by Traf

Just watched the report again on SSN! Looked a smashing turnout. Think some are being a bit harsh on Fergie, from what I saw he just looked deep in thought most of the time! He turned out today for Nat's funeral, so fair play to him! If he'll do for Nat, then for today at least he'll do for me..

Agreed. I thought he was deep in thought and regardless of the team he manages, from what I hear in general he is a decent bloke.

Just watched the report again on SSN! Looked a smashing turnout. Think some are being a bit harsh on Fergie, from what I saw he just looked deep in thought most of the time! He turned out today for Nat's funeral, so fair play to him! If he'll do for Nat, then for today at least he'll do for me..

I agree on Fergie, bear in mind United were playing on Tuesday night, the fact he turned shows the respect he had for Nat, maybe we should show him the same. (for now)

As i said yesterday ,the thing that stood out for me in the service was the emotion etched on Phil Gartside's face. You could see that he was saying his words from the heart.

My hope from now is that the sad passing of Nat will reunite us all as a club .....which i think it will :good:

Say what you like about Fergie .. I liked his response when the footage of Bolton beating Utd in the F.A. Cup final was shown.

I prefered the response from Kevin Davies when it showed the 58 final, you could hear the commentary of Nat crashing into Gregg as the camera swung round to him, what did SDK do? A big smile from a fellow Bolton captain and centre forward.

Was in the Old Man & Scythe around 12 bells, having a chat with Martin Dobson & Tommy Docherty, the Doc said some really nice words about Nat but the ones that stood out were Legend & Priceless. Looked across the road and Colin Todd and Howard Wilkinson walked out of the Brass Cat.

It really was a who's who of British Football walking down Churchgate to pay there respects to the greatest player ever to pull on a Bolton shirt. I was touched by the words of Chairman Phil and Gordon Taylor & by the turnout of the town, brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Sir Nat I think we did you proud.

Special mention to my mate Carl, who said to Andy Walker, theres a job going at Sky thee knows.

P/s Think Mark Hughes was there because he was Nat's favourite player / the one who reminded him most of himself

• Moderators

Was in the Old Man & Scythe around 12 bells, having a chat with Martin Dobson & Tommy Docherty, the Doc said some really nice words about Nat but the ones that stood out were Legend & Priceless. Looked across the road and Colin Todd and Howard Wilkinson walked out of the Brass Cat.

It really was a who's who of British Football walking down Churchgate to pay there respects to the greatest player ever to pull on a Bolton shirt. I was touched by the words of Chairman Phil and Gordon Taylor & by the turnout of the town, brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Sir Nat I think we did you proud.

Special mention to my mate Carl, who said to Andy Walker, theres a job going at Sky thee knows.

P/s Think Mark Hughes was there because he was Nat's favourite player / the one who reminded him most of himself

wishing I'd gone in the Man & Scythe before/after to see what old school footballers were up for a session on the cider, could've been a good day out that

BL1 went into silence as the tributes were being read, Phil Gartsides didnt get the applause it deserves but Graham Taylors did. I was a fantastic turn out and great meeting up with fellow fans sharing our memories was special to me. I did a rendition of Three Lions in the Balmoral about our 2-1 win at OT which went down quite well :)

BL1 went into silence as the tributes were being read, Phil Gartsides didnt get the applause it deserves but Graham Taylors did. I was a fantastic turn out and great meeting up with fellow fans sharing our memories was special to me. I did a rendition of Three Lions in the Balmoral about our 2-1 win at OT which went down quite well :)

Sorry to correct you but it's Gordon or 'Tiger' to us older fans :roll:

• Site Supporter

I was quite impressed to see Hughes there. I'd forgotten Fulham were up here to play Liverpool, but still good of him to make the effort.

I didn't see any representation from Merseyside, after all.

Howard Wilkinson, it could be argued, represented the blue half.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.