Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Andy Carroll

wiggy

If they want Elmo they can stump up ?10m. Got plenty of cash now so why not. Otherwise, fuck off!

Just said on the radio that Elmander might sign on loan until the end of the season, when he'll then become a free agent. If he does go on loan, I guess we'll pick up a small loan fee, and save on his wages, but that's it really.

Guest bwfcdan

The world has gone fucking mad. This guy isn't worth this kind of money. It won't be long now until football goes tits up.

Agreed. More money than sense..

I thought that Carroll was out for the next couple of months with a groin injury.

How come that Suarez can reportedly get a work permit in a day when it takes most other players a couple of weeks?

The deal can be done 'subject to work permit' or 'subject to medical'

• Moderators

Andy says he was pushed out:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/01/andy-carroll-united-pushed-me-out-of-toon-72703-28092792/

Alan says he was not:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/pardew_breaks_silence_on_carroll_sale_1_2999676

I'm not having it that Ashley didn't want to cash in, but wouldn't be surprised if Carroll tried to get a new contract and they called his bluff thus forcing him into a corner

• Moderators

Who's babysitting him in Liverpool as nothing seems to have been mentioned, or is he not on bail anymore? I've sort of lost track fo the whole thing but just wondered.

if all he has to do is live at Kevin Nolan's house, he can just live in his one over that way

and his wife can move back to Newcastle

seamless

Who's babysitting him in Liverpool as nothing seems to have been mentioned, or is he not on bail anymore? I've sort of lost track fo the whole thing but just wondered.

I don't think he's on bail anymore as the case was dropped just before Christmas I think due to "lack of evidence" - so he's free to do as he pleases again....which will be nice for the folk of Liverpool

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.