Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Worst Midfield ?

Petrov is fucking shit

Better than Taylor but still not good enough

Elmander is a wimp and backs out of all 50/50 tackles - he has ability but he is not a midfield player (if Mark Davies does not get back in time we might have to use him there though)

Muamba is OK but his confidence is low at the moment; good athlete and can tackle and break up play - he needs to find a white shirt more often though

Cohen has always been a headless chicken for me and without any match practice he was never going to be in the game yesterday. Brum had their best midfield out and had him running aroung like a right prat

In answer to the original question - that midfield goes close to being the worst midfield in the prem

Muamba practically played in central midfield on his own yesterday & won all his tackles & hardly misplaced a pass. He did his job & it's not his fault that there weren't more creative players alongside him or that he got outnumbered.

Cohen did alright since he spent most of the time covering for the hopeless Alonso ,& when Cohen went off it became obvious how bad Alonso is. After watching a proper full back like Robbo, it was pitiful seeing Alonso being so easily brushed aside. If he was a loan player i'm sure we'd be getting rid .

Lee should be starting on the right wing & Coyle needs to make the hard choice of starting either Elmander or Sturridge with SKD or possibly playing one of them wide on the left. Elmander started on the right wing, scored a good goal as a striker & then moved to midfield, so i'm not going to have a go at a player who's having to play all over the place & mainly out of position.

• Moderators

Muamba practically played in central midfield on his own yesterday & won all his tackles & hardly misplaced a pass. He did his job & it's not his fault that there weren't more creative players alongside him or that he got outnumbered.

Cohen did alright since he spent most of the time covering for the hopeless Alonso ,& when Cohen went off it became obvious how bad Alonso is. After watching a proper full back like Robbo, it was pitiful seeing Alonso being so easily brushed aside. If he was a loan player i'm sure we'd be getting rid .

Lee should be starting on the right wing & Coyle needs to make the hard choice of starting either Elmander or Sturridge with SKD or possibly playing one of them wide on the left. Elmander started on the right wing, scored a good goal as a striker & then moved to midfield, so i'm not going to have a go at a player who's having to play all over the place & mainly out of position.

thank you

but you're wasting your time

All this talk would not be taking place if it wasn't for Foster, he denied us at least 5 goals yesterday, the midfield 4 from yesterday isn't the most exciting, especially the middle 2, but it's not like we didn't create anything, we created a lot.

Every team will miss their player of the season if they got injured, we have been dealt a major blow with Holden being crocked, but if that 4 start against West Ham, then Rob Green will still have lots to do IMO.

• Site Supporter

All this talk would not be taking place if it wasn't for Foster, he denied us at least 5 goals yesterday, the midfield 4 from yesterday isn't the most exciting, especially the middle 2, but it's not like we didn't create anything, we created a lot.

Every team will miss their player of the season if they got injured, we have been dealt a major blow with Holden being crocked, but if that 4 start against West Ham, then Rob Green will still have lots to do IMO.

Thing is, you talk as though, had Foster not been there, they might have played with 11 outfield players.

Foster was in inspired form and had luck on his side*, he won't do that every week, we were unlucky, we had a lot of good efforts on target and he saved them all, except Elmander's, which no keeper is saving.

*When I say luck, I mean when he saved the shots, the rebounds didn't go to Bolton players, we had corners, we had so many chances, but it was one of those days, we lost but we didn't play like a losing team. We won the game we wanted in the Cup, Birmingham got a fortunate 3 points and well I won't be losing any sleep over 2 defeats in a row because we have played well and deserved more.

Edited by Didledee

• Site Supporter

where you sitting at wembley?

My guess is he's not going. He's the only mainstream poster on here that isn't writing about how he's on pins waiting for delivery of tickets.

• Moderators

My guess is he's not going. He's the only mainstream poster on here that isn't writing about how he's on pins waiting for delivery of tickets.

course he's going he bored us posted how he was going with his 'uncle'

uncle.... nudge, nudge, wink, wink

Foster was in inspired form and had luck on his side*, he won't do that every week, we were unlucky, we had a lot of good efforts on target and he saved them all, except Elmander's, which no keeper is saving.

*When I say luck, I mean when he saved the shots, the rebounds didn't go to Bolton players, we had corners, we had so many chances, but it was one of those days, we lost but we didn't play like a losing team. We won the game we wanted in the Cup, Birmingham got a fortunate 3 points and well I won't be losing any sleep over 2 defeats in a row because we have played well and deserved more.

In my 34 years of watching us that has never happened and never will :nea:

Guest Frandsen08

I'm pretty sure we had a midfield that consisted of having braaten & wilhelmsson in the same side

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.