Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Real Ale Watch

I know many like a pint of real ale and so I thought I would reccomend the Top Lock at Wheelton great real ale pub always loads of good choice and well kept beer. Would like to hear of any other good real ale pubs that anyone can recommend, also be interesting if people could post what real ales are on and where and any comments on different ales. I will start of with a real ale I had a while back and not seen it since Brains Reverend James one of the best real ales I have drank, perfectly kept and sampled at the Plough in Euxton, would make a trip out to sample this pint again.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Yes, Jolly Nailor and Pendle witch are two of Athertons finest. Nailor sells it`s real ale at ?2 per pint.

On the Pennine ale trail this weekend, for anyone that has yet to give this a go, I can reccomend it.

Was in the Salisbury yesterday ( Monday) and they sold Hopback summer lightening at ?2.60 a pint, great value for a city centre pub.

• Moderators

The Gerrard at Aspull, about 1 mile from Reebok. If you visit on a Sunday afternoon, you'll get the best barmaid serving you.

Hope she better than that one who used to work in the Bowling green, dog rough she was.

Just had a flashback from Saturday night and remember speaking to you in the courtyard, you was looking all posh :thumbsup:

Hope she better than that one who used to work in the Bowling green, dog rough she was.

Just had a flashback from Saturday night and remember speaking to you in the courtyard, you was looking all posh :thumbsup:

Fur coat no knickers?

(BCG not you)

I always look posh in comparison to you, you little shit. PS your bird is way out of your league :D

A pub about 1 mile form where I live, The Engineers Arms (http://www.engineersarms.co.uk/) has just won the East Anglia CAMRA pub of the year. It's actually a cracking pub, and they always have shit loads of real ales on. It does have a lot of "weirdy beardy" real ale drinkers that stop of there because it's quite well known, but still a cracking pub. A couple of the barmaids are stunners as well, which always helps :good:

I know many like a pint of real ale and so I thought I would reccomend the Top Lock at Wheelton great real ale pub always loads of good choice and well kept beer. Would like to hear of any other good real ale pubs that anyone can recommend, also be interesting if people could post what real ales are on and where and any comments on different ales. I will start of with a real ale I had a while back and not seen it since Brains Reverend James one of the best real ales I have drank, perfectly kept and sampled at the Plough in Euxton, would make a trip out to sample this pint again.

The Malt N Hops behind the train station in Chorley is worth a shout Mounts,... owned by Beartown, has a few of their brews on and a couple of guests...

Last time I had the Reverend James was in the Bretherton Arms in Chorley the other month, that might have been a guest though.....

It's Top Lock beer festival coming up, lots of good stuff to be had but not sure of the dates. For real ales Spinners takes some beating.

Someone on here mentioned Manchester Road Inn last week. They used to have a cask on. Do they still ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.