Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cahill Sale Begins

HomerJay

• Site Supporter

Just as I proposed last week (and you mocked me for it iirc). :tongue:

find the post please

found it.

i'd like to expand and say, its the 8m id be happy with, not overly arsed we loan player we get in return, as they wont play anyway.

Edited by HomerJay

i'd take it if coyle gets nowhere near it

I'm sure that if we get ?8M we will be reasonably pleased, as it's better than losing him for nothing. I know he's a good player, but even with him playing we looked dooned, so we may as well get some cash if relegation is inevitable anyway

• Moderators

It's more than was offered in August

aye, but all that was offered in August was turned down

and it would appear there's more teams in for him this time

only Arsenal and Spurs (I believe) made bids last time - and Spurs left it rather late to signal their interest

this time you can add Chelsea in - spose it depends how much they all want him, and how willing they are to let him choose himself in the summer

aye, but all that was offered in August was turned down

and it would appear there's more teams in for him this time

only Arsenal and Spurs (I believe) made bids last time - and Spurs left it rather late to signal their interest

this time you can add Chelsea in - spose it depends how much they all want him, and how willing they are to let him choose himself in the summer

Teams may be more desperate now, so less contract length needn't neccesarily de-value him

That all depends on competition

If there's only one in for him, then he'll go for a pittance

We know that Spurs & Arsenal want him, Chelsea may also be making room for another centre half with Alex going on the transfer list and all the pundits seem to think that City still need another centre half. Perhaps we will see a bidding war for Cahill in January after all as all of these teams will all be looking to strengthen their squads - the fact that he isn't cup-tied for any European competitions should put us in a healthy position.

Coyle wanted to bring Rhys Williams in from Boro during summer but obviously didn't have the funds to do it - hopefully the kid will still be up for a move in January.