Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Qpr 1

Happy Wanderer

We all know that the Bolton News is a load of shite but can someone confirm that the below is indeed inaccurate ??

" What matters at this stage of the season is the final score. So when Ivan Klasnic clambered off the bench to pass the ball into the goal four minutes from time ? spookily into the same corner as Taggart?s header had landed all those years ago ? no-one of a Wanderers persuasion gave two hoots about hurried FA statements, jumping on a bandwaggon running a decade-or-so behind schedule. "

I'm sure Taggart's 'goal' was in front of the South Stand 'that night' against Everton?

We all know that the Bolton News is a load of shite but can someone confirm that the below is indeed inaccurate ??

" What matters at this stage of the season is the final score. So when Ivan Klasnic clambered off the bench to pass the ball into the goal four minutes from time ? spookily into the same corner as Taggart?s header had landed all those years ago ? no-one of a Wanderers persuasion gave two hoots about hurried FA statements, jumping on a bandwaggon running a decade-or-so behind schedule. "

I'm sure Taggart's 'goal' was in front of the South Stand 'that night' against Everton?

I think Taggart was at the North Stand End.

I was in the North Stand and was sure the ball had crossed the line.I don't think my eyes are so good i'd have been so sure if it was at the South Stand

• Moderators

Some people say he was brilliant, other say he was shit.

I reckon he was somewhere inbetween.

Did well for the goal and made some other good runs, but also gave it away too cheaply at times, especially once Traore had seemingly sussed him out. I'd much rather have him out there on the right than anyone else in our squad.

aye, that's the bit I don't quite get - that Traore had sussed him out, been said a few times, yet he created 4th highest amount of chances for a player this season?! Either he got them all in at the start, or Traore didn't suss him out till very late on, as in the last 5 mins or so he set up the goal and put in a cross which Wheater headed over

agree that he's our best right sided option though and he definitely wasn't/isn't shit

North stand - top right corner (looking at if from the pitch)

aye, that's the bit I don't quite get - that Traore had sussed him out, been said a few times, yet he created 4th highest amount of chances for a player this season?!??Either he got them all in at the start, or Traore didn't suss him out till very late on, as in the last 5 mins or so he set up the goal and put in a cross which Wheater headed over

agree that he's our best right sided option though and he definitely wasn't/isn't shit

I read he created seven shots, which isn't quite the same. I certainly don't remember us missing six chances.

I thought he did okay, but I thought Traore knew a bit too much for him after the first ten minutes.

We had arguably our best spell of the game in the last ten minutes when Taiwo was struggling in his stead.

We had a lucky escape with SWP if Saturday's performance is anything to go off.

I thought he was a bit shit too.

I'm sure some clown on here reckoned he was "a Class act".

In fact, seeing as I can't be arsed doing any work for the next 12 days, I shall have a toot.

• Moderators

I read he created seven shots, which isn't quite the same. I certainly don't remember us missing six chances.

I thought he did okay, but I thought Traore knew a bit too much for him after the first ten minutes.

We had arguably our best spell of the game in the last ten minutes when Taiwo was struggling in his stead.

well, aye, created seven attempts - have to see what the stats folk count as a shot and a chance, 2 off top of head were goal and wheaters header - i.e. he put set players up, as a right winger, that's his job so think we can say he wasn't shit, which some have

• Moderators

We had a lucky escape with SWP if Saturday's performance is anything to go off.

remember a game on SKY on a monday night back at the start when he was very, very good

but that's the only one I've seen

he wasn't even playing wide on Sat, just floating around the middle behind the front man - in fact everything they did was narrow and through the middle - so perhaps he's playing out of position or something, or just shit/can't be arsed

well, aye, created seven attempts - have to see what the stats folk count as a shot and a chance, 2 off top of head were goal and wheaters header - i.e. he put set players up, as a right winger, that's his job so think we can say he wasn't shit, which some have

He wasn't shit and he has pace and layed on the goal. He does lose the ball in some dangerous positions though and his tracking back and tackling are almost non existant. Probably best we have wide right at the moment though

Guest Frandsen08

I thought Ryo did ok on Saturday and can forgive him his shortcomings for the assist - we've not had many passes like that to a player running into the box this season.

Barton was dire. How many times did he give the ball away?

i kept saying it all game, he couldn't pass water, his corners were even worse and klasnic ghosted past him for the winner. I heard he got a fair bit of abuse from the natives on twitter as well.

i kept saying it all game, he couldn't pass water, his corners were even worse and klasnic ghosted past him for the winner. I heard he got a fair bit of abuse from the natives on twitter as well.

To be fair, their non-goal was a Barton corner

He is a shadow of the player he was

Too much time plagiarising morrissey and self publicising and he's forgotten he's a footballer

To be fair, their non-goal was a Barton corner

He is a shadow of the player he was

Too much time plagiarising morrissey and self publicising and he's forgotten he's a footballer

I think it was mentioned somewhere else that if he didn't dick as much about with the corner then the ref may have been in a better position however I reckon it was smoke and mirrors to let Zamora impede Bogdan