Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Villa 1 Bolton 2

Ratwhite

NRC was knackered in 2nd half,

He is running the team , mentally and physically.

More of a manager than OC

Mavies was none existent apart from one pass and two tugs on the opposition, same as last week and week before

I for one am not liking his style of play, and I was a supporter of Mavies, but this growing attitude of cheating, diving, pulling, mis timed tackles is getting up my nose.

Lazy, when he is capable of much better than that

Mavies was none existent apart from one pass and two tugs on the opposition, same as last week and week before

I for one am not liking his style of play, and I was a supporter of Mavies, but this growing attitude of cheating, diving, pulling, mis timed tackles is getting up my nose.

He's playing out of position.

He should have been playing where Eagles was if it wasn't for the injuries we have. He is totally ineffective in a deeper role with defensive responsibilities but is currently having to take one for the team.

You keep slating him though.

He's playing out of position.

He should have been playing where Eagles was if it wasn't for the injuries we have. He is totally ineffective in a deeper role with defensive responsibilities but is currently having to take one for the team.

You keep slating him though.

Totally agree with that. My guess is all the shirt pulling etc is due to his frustration at being played in a role that he's clearly not comfortable/effective in. But I also agree with Mona that it is annoying to watch and makes him look very petulant.

Iv'e never known a season with so many changes, it baffles me at times to see what's goin on God knows what the players must think?! THink back to when we were good under Coyle and consistency in style and selection was a big factor for me. I know injuries haven't helped at all and you have to roll with the punches etc but come on Mr Coyle . . .

That said: Against Villa I'd be tempted to play him behind Ngog with Pratley comin into midield. Defence same as. As someone else has said, bring Klasnic on for last 25 or so if we need a goal.

Totally agree with that. My guess is all the shirt pulling etc is due to his frustration at being played in a role that he's clearly not comfortable/effective in. But I also agree with Mona that it is annoying to watch and makes him look very petulant.

Iv'e never known a season with so many changes, it baffles me at times to see what's goin on God knows what the players must think?! THink back to when we were good under Coyle and consistency in style and selection was a big factor for me. I know injuries haven't helped at all and you have to roll with the punches etc but come on Mr Coyle . . .

That said: Against Villa I'd be tempted to play him behind Ngog with Pratley comin into midield. Defence same as. As someone else has said, bring Klasnic on for last 25 or so if we need a goal.

When Pratley plays he is the one in the more advanced role not Davies.

You've just described the one on the right.

Gary-Neville-and-Paul-Sch-001.jpg

When Pratley plays he is the one in the more advanced role not Davies.

But that's what i'm getting at. I don't think MDavies can be effective in a 4 man midfield unless he has excellent support a la Holden. He's not the fittest and tackling isn't his forte. Pratley has some engine, if a little clueless at times, so for me having him and NRC CM with MD behind the striker might work.

Davies is quality running with the ball and has an eye for a killer pass. Best in our squad at this by miles. I've always thought this would be a good role for him. With injuries etc I reckon it's worth a do especially if NGogs in front of him as he has pace to run onto things which tbf KD doesn't.

Edited by madthatter