Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who On Here Was There?

DomRepWanderer

On November 5th 1985 v Darlington, a freezing cold bonfire night, and our lowest ever recorded league attendance, 3.350 to watch us get stuffed 3-0, I ask because the younger ones on here are suicidal at the thought of watching us in the Championship, god only knows how they would have felt in them days.

On November 5th 1985 v Darlington, a freezing cold bonfire night, and our lowest ever recorded league attendance, 3.350 to watch us get stuffed 3-0, I ask because the younger ones on here are suicidal at the thought of watching us in the Championship, god only knows how they would have felt in them days.

I see you've allowed an extra 448 places for ballooners.

We're going to need a bigger boat.

• Site Supporter

I genuinely was there, seem to remember wishing i'd gone to a bonfire. Talking of bonfire night - it was also 5th November we got stuffed at Stockport too, the day Robert Maxwell jumped overboard!.

Bonfire night games should be banned for us

shamefully i wasnt there....i was 1 years old..

i fully respect where we have come from,i am fortunate to have seen bolton on the rise for the majority of my bolton watching life,with some amazing time along the way....also seen a bit of shit,be hey ho.

i am very aware of the low ebbs we were once at and id like to think id of stuck with bolton through like them like 100,000 obviously did,and if bolton hell forbid fell down the divisions now,id still be there every week...

so should i be happy at the fact the club has just wasted 12 years in the best league in the world through pure incompetence and bad management from the very top to the bottom and in the meantime jepordising our clubs future,just because we used to be shit?

You could judge the size of the crowd by how far to the front people stood. In the Manny Rd South, the last barrier to the front would usually be "full" with some scattered on the fence. That meant there were about 5k on.

For the Darlo game, only the first 2 barriers from the back were occupied cos there was no bugger there and it was pissing down, and cold.

You could judge the size of the crowd by how far to the front people stood. In the Manny Rd South, the last barrier to the front would usually be "full" with some scattered on the fence. That meant there were about 5k on.

For the Darlo game, only the first 2 barriers from the back were occupied cos there was no bugger there and it was pissing down, and cold.

Lies.

It was packed and people were locked out.

Like every game at Burnden and we won them all playing sparkling free flowing football.

Oh, and the bogs weren't filthy and piss-ridden either.

My only memory of that game was Sam Allardyce blowing out of his arse for most of it (he was well past it in his second spell with Bolton as a player). I also remember that I'd never seen the Burnden Paddock look so empty as everyone was squashed at the back to keep warm. Happy days!

Guest Blixa

Darlo took 6 fans (they closed the away end so they sat in the Manny Rd seats )

Remember when Cambridge brought 2 and it pissed down, so they got let into the home end.

season ticket holder , home and awayevery fecking week ....fuck i must have had some dull fucking life!

so yes i was there .....missed the five goals by J.T. i was on a trip to the Isle Of Man ................ i could pick my games me!

season ticket holder , home and awayevery fecking week ....fuck i must have had some dull fucking life!

so yes i was there .....missed the five goals by J.T. i was on a trip to the Isle Of Man ................ i could pick my games me!

Don't feel too bad, I don't think anyone on here will claim to have been at that game.

I was there that night I think I went to nearly every game that season, remember the Swansea away game when Hartford scored and was the only player who could play football, the name of Graham Bell still sends a shudder down my spine, also have vivid memories of the Darlington 1/4 final van broke down a few miles from the ground but we faired a lot better than the Walkden whites who drove up in the state of the art XR3 injection only to end up on the return journey on the roof, the lad whos car it was managed to get home just before a knock on the door to tell him his car had been stolen and that it had been written off near Darlington.