Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fans Forum 2012-13

Gonk

An excellent question.......

I hope they didn't even bother answering that one and told the person asking into fuck off

we were hoping they cut him off but it went on for ages, he said it had been bugging him for years and lessons hadn't been learnt. I'm glad I needed a piss.

Nobody is leaving, if the right player becomes available we will be in for him.coyle has had offers from other clubs to go there but loves the club so staying.john mcginley does not have a job at stadium. Could not explain why team did not do lap of honour at last home game. Did not know why no one turned up at lifeline doo, and question of the night why do you walk up and down every 10 mins. Answer do i?

Any other Bits onef?

Anything about Eddie Davies support

the question on corners was raised and coyles answer was not very convincing. he stated that most of the top teams including barca have everyone back. nothing new about eddie really, the only money we owe is by way of a 10 million pound overdraft. eddie has spent around 100 million on players over the years.

The thing that pissed me off the most was jack dearden butting in on questions, loves the sound of his own voice that fucker, and the cheeky cunts waited till everyone had been to the bar and paid a fortune for a drink then when the bar was empty anounced the there was free tea and coffee in the corner.

Oh and why did we get rid of connelly and keep zat knight? Answer connelly was good footballer but lacked pace, but zat knight is a top class defender when he puts his mind to it?

I saw this as a polite answer Connelly wasn't good enough for the club

They were forced to change their business plan, after some piss poor management & relegation & Ashley not spending anymore. What works for A, doesn't mean it will work for B. If the powers that be, couldn't work this out before facing relegation with a poor manager at the helm, then they too should be giving themselves a good hard look at themselves, rather than big bonuses for failure.

As for the last comment, pleeeeease!! try to not act so childish, nor patronise someone you know bugger all about.

Did everyone really get massive bonuses for being relegated? Or are you just making that up?

As for the childishness of my last comment.....I can't help it am afraid. I have had to dive to these levels to help my sanity as every day I have to read the same shit slating the club an slating the team. We are a small club who are adjusting to a modern world. We couldn't carry on the way we were. If you don't like it then go and support City where they can afford to live the unsustainable lifestyle.

I stand by my comments that a club on a stable footing is better than a club like Pompey

Did everyone really get massive bonuses for being relegated? Or are you just making that up?

As for the childishness of my last comment.....I can't help it am afraid. I have had to dive to these levels to help my sanity as every day I have to read the same shit slating the club an slating the team. We are a small club who are adjusting to a modern world. We couldn't carry on the way we were. If you don't like it then go and support City where they can afford to live the unsustainable lifestyle.

I stand by my comments that a club on a stable footing is better than a club like Pompey

What he said, bravo you.

a couple of people asked probing questions,

one to gartside about being in charge of the demise of the club , and his managerial appointments.

this was fended off by jack deardan.

other to coyle , about tactics and certain players, and him getting panned on forums.

this was defended by him going on about injuries to best players and senior players who did not care , as they got paid what ever. he does't do social media.

new way is players on a basic and good incentives .

i think the mood was one of lets hope we can come back , rather than going over what has happened.

i think coyle had orders/ or his opinion to change the squad, which possibly would of seen us relegated this season anyway.

lets just hope we get back at the first attempt , or else .

I don't know about anyone else but your comments about senior players and lower basics and incentives have further re-enforced my continuing disillusionment with football maybe I'm naive and still on the olympics love in but our young athletes showed the virtues of true sporting spirit and that genuine happiness and greatness came from sporting success and hardwork I'm beginning to wonder if I would rather my lads follow in the foot steps of ally brownlee or mo farah rather than be a wanderer - when did money become the sole motivating factor in football it's very sad

Edited by onlyoneawalker

Money was

I don't know about anyone else but your comments about senior players and lower basics and incentives have further re-enforced my continuing disillusionment with football maybe I'm naive and still on the olympics love in but our young athletes showed the virtues of true sporting spirit and that genuine happiness and greatness came from sporting success and hardwork I'm beginning to wonder if I would rather my lads follow in the foot steps of ally brownlee or mo farah rather than be a wanderer - when did money become the sole motivating factor in football it's very sad

Unfortunately money is everything

Money was the key factor behind the Olympics and the medals couldn't have been won without funding.

You are being naive, the money horse bolted years ago in football. You should celebrate the fact that Bolton are trying to live within their means.

Good post. I would love us to have an endless pot of money but we haven't. Unfortunately people don't want to hear it.

You can be assured, that when the next set of accounts are released, the powers that be will still, once again, reward themselves nice bonuses.

When I left the Brittania Stadium in May, that was the 100th football ground I'd watched my beloved Whites in. A feat that couldn't have been achieved if I hadn't been there through the good & the bad. So therefore, no, I shall not be watching the blue nosed bastards down the road, thankyou.

Just because I've watched my team through thick & thin, it does not mean that I, nor others, have to be happy clappy, head in the sand, sheep.

Our opinion of dissatisfaction is just as valid as those who blindly back the decision makers to the hilt. It doesn't wain our support to not like what has occured over the last 5 or 6 seasons.

I understand what you're saying, I think you're not understanding that I've been saying it for years.

You can be assured, that when the next set of accounts are released, the powers that be will still, once again, reward themselves nice bonuses.

When I left the Brittania Stadium in May, that was the 100th football ground I'd watched my beloved Whites in. A feat that couldn't have been achieved if I hadn't been there through the good & the bad. So therefore, no, I shall not be watching the blue nosed bastards down the road, thankyou.

Just because I've watched my team through thick & thin, it does not mean that I, nor others, have to be happy clappy, head in the sand, sheep.

Our opinion of dissatisfaction is just as valid as those who blindly back the decision makers to the hilt. It doesn't wain our support to not like what has occured over the last 5 or 6 seasons.

I understand what you're saying, I think you're not understanding that I've been saying it for years.

I don't understand what more people want at the moment. Look at the story of Portsmouth today. Very real scenario of them going bust. Surely we need to make sure that doesn't happen