Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rough As Fuck Roll Call

DazBob

• 2 weeks later...

It's catpiss, Jules...

The Italians give it a swerve over there.

I read an article somewhere years ago how SABMiller or INBev or whoever makes the stuff had given up on Stella as a 'premium' brand because of all the 'wifebeater' connotations and the fact supermarkets were flogging it for 60p a pint, anyhow, it went on (the article) how they had purposefully earmarked Peroni to be lined up as it's successor - just for the image alone.

Peroni is bad for hangovers as it's not real beer, it's not made from plants, it's made from chemicals, by sick bastards.

Kronenbourg 1664 is bad too, wine making countries make shit beer, fact.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

They all make piss...

I can't find the article, it was a 'trade' type publication and old though, 2008 perhaps, but it was definitely about how one of the booze conglomerates was 'grooming' (urgh) Peroni to take Stella's 'reassuringly expensive' market share, since Stella had gone downmarket and was seen as one step above Frosty Jack...At the time Peroni on draught was rare and those larger bottles (600ml?) weren't seen around, if they even did them at that stage. Anyway, they were going to push Peroni because of it's image and nowt else, it really is shunned by lager drinkers in Italy, who sup German or Danish stuff, including the wonderful Ceres.

As an aside, I used to drink Lech, years ago, always thought it was similar tasting to Grolsch - anyway, that's been bought up and UK Lech is now made in Holland (alongside Grolsch probably) and it's piss these days, like UK brewed Becks is an' all (piss).

I'm a real ale twat now.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...