Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Nat Lofthouse Statue Fund - Have You Put In?

Underpants

No, after 15 years I still don't feel any connection to the ground in Horwich and think this Bolton legend's statue should be in the Town Hall Square.I would rather there not be a statue than for Nat to be out in Horwich.

His family are happy for it to be at The Reebok, that's good enough for me.

No, after 15 years I still don't feel any connection to the ground in Horwich and think this Bolton legend's statue should be in the Town Hall Square.I would rather there not be a statue than for Nat to be out in Horwich.

dont talk shite....

Nat played for Bolton Wanderers Football Club,not Bolton Borough Council,and the home of Bolton Wanderers Football Club is the Reebok Stadium,wether you like it or not.

Yes let put his statue outside pound bakery,just because folk like you cant get over the fact you have to travel a couple of mile further to get to a home game.

Would look brill in Bolton town center with pigeon shit and mcdonalds wrappers all over it,instead at the forefront of one of most impressive football stadia this country has to offer,and a ground Nat would of been proud of as the home of his beloved football team.

dont talk shite....

Nat played for Bolton Wanderers Football Club,not Bolton Borough Council,and the home of Bolton Wanderers Football Club is the Reebok Stadium,wether you like it or not.

Yes let put his statue outside pound bakery,just because folk like you cant get over the fact you have to travel a couple of mile further to get to a home game.

Would look brill in Bolton town center with pigeon shit and mcdonalds wrappers all over it,instead at the forefront of one of most impressive football stadia this country has to offer,and a ground Nat would of been proud of as the home of his beloved football team.

This.

Not donated and probably won't.

In times of financial austerity, there are other causes more worthy of a donation, like cancer charities and the like.

I think the statue is a great idea, but the club should have just paid for it themselves.

In times of financial austerity, there are other causes more worthy of a donation, like cancer charities and the like.

I think the statue is a great idea, but the club should have just paid for it themselves.

Spot on and my sentiment also. The club has lived off his name and should have paid for it full stop.

Spot on and my sentiment also. The club has lived off his name and should have paid for it full stop.

Monkey spunk. Paid for by the fans, for the fans. When it's stood tall and proud i would like to look at it and say that my fellow Whites and I helped to pay for that.

Monkey spunk. Paid for by the fans, for the fans. When it's stood tall and proud i would like to look at it and say that my fellow Whites and I helped to pay for that.

Yes, but apparently it's going to be in the wrong place. Who the fuck is going to see it in Bolton town centre?

What Birch says is spot on, it'd probably only cost a diamond earring or two each, and would also be a tangible 'apology' for lacklustre performances of late.

If the poster previous really did put in a three figure sum fair play, but life Traf says for most there are more worthwhile causes - if you've any spare cash after essential needs for the home (like ganja, faux leather beds with tellies in and my personal favourite - marble effect panther coffee tables).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Disagree - the fans have been given the opportunity to contribute to the statue, if there is ant shortfall then the club should make it up, but dont see why the current squad (with exception of KD) who didnt know him (and most of the foreigners who probably dont even know of him) should be expected to contribute

The fans have been given the opportunity to contribute, but with a date being set now for its unveiling I'm pretty sure the club will make up the rest as the time gets close. There was only something like 20 grand raised not so long since, so I doubt at the current rate the full amount will have been raised in 12 months just through fan contributions alone.

• 4 months later...

We are the Wanderers after all, we move around if we have to.