Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Half Time Booing

DazBob

Our new gaffer speaks a lot of sense.

Take note you booers, you.

(courtesy of the BN) :-

MANAGER Dougie Freedman wants the Reebok faithful to be patient with his side tonight and back the team for 90 minutes against Leicester City.

The new boss saw his team recover from a first-half deficit to beat league leaders Cardiff City in his first match in the dugout on Saturday to give the home fans something to cheer after some indifferent home results this season.

But before those cheers, some jeered as the Whites left the field at the halfway point a goal down and Freedman says that was disappointing to hear.

The Scot said: “I was surprised by the fans’ reaction at half time because I felt we were quite comfortable in what we were doing.

“I felt the majority of the fans were fantastic for 90 minutes but there were one or two people who voiced their concerns at half time.

“It is not really fantastic to hear from a coach’s point of view because the game lasts for 90 minutes.

“The lads were asked to stick to a game-plan against a Cardiff team that is at the top of the league and in my eyes will get promoted.

“I cannot just send a team out there with a free-for-all attitude. I have to make sure we have a game-plan.

“Hopefully, the fans understand it is a 90 minute game-plan in each game.”

“My job is to come to the club and change the mindset of the whole club really.

“I’m telling the players the game lasts 90 minutes and they have to have their mind set on working really hard.

“I would like the fans to maybe appreciate the game lasts 90 minutes and be on side with us for the full 90.

“I understand after 90 minutes if it’s not quite right they can voice their opinions which is fine with me.

Edited by DazBobParr

(courtesy of the BN) :-

“My job is to come to the club and change the mindset of the whole club really.

“I’m telling the players the game lasts 90 minutes and they have to have their mind set on working really hard.

“I would like the fans to maybe appreciate the game lasts 90 minutes and be on side with us for the full 90.

“I understand after 90 minutes if it’s not quite right they can voice their opinions which is fine with me.

Spot on.

I have never been a boo-er and quite frankly feel I have missed out.

At the end of every performance the audience at the Octagon give the cast a couple of standing ovations, and IMO it is now taken for granted. Consequently on my next visit I will throw in some "get offs" and "boring"s along with some hearty booing, that will keep everyone on their toes.

A last bastion of die-hard Coyleites perhaps? Whoever it is, we won't f*cking change overnight...

Jesus, from overburdening, overindulgent levels of patience and time to this, 48 frigging minutes and we're on his back (re: the players - give them a fair crack at having a clean slate ffs, even if we haven't got a clean slate scorewise).

• Site Supporter

Dear Dougie,

They're a fickle bunch of JCLs who, in the main, have only ever seen BWFC as a top-flight team. Eventually, they may understand your point about the game plan being for 90 minute rather than each of the 45 minute sections.

At half time, I suggest you come out onto the pitch with RV's microphone and, should you notice folk booing, go up to them, intervewer style, and ask them to explain why they're booing, particularly as we don't gain or lose points for being in front or behind at the break.

Booing the ref for refusing to give Eagles a penalty?

The ref had a 90 minute plan.

He didn't give that one, but he did give us one for Ngog being breathed on and didn't give them one for Warnock's challenge on their player.

90 minute plans are the future.

Our so called fans are shit and he's bang on with what he's said, it's a disgrace and i hope the cunts stay away

It's not just ours though is it.

It happens at every ground up and down the country sadly. Maybe football grounds are a microcosm of society.

• Site Supporter

booing is just the default option for the simpletons these days.

i dont boo, but i understand there are times when frustations can boil over.

i think ive already said this but booing last week and jeering pratley and skd was frankly embarrasing

Guest Frandsen08

i think ive already said this but booing last week and jeering pratley and skd was frankly embarrasing

Booing at 0-0 at half time as just as bad too.

Dear Dougie,

They're a fickle bunch of JCLs who, in the main, have only ever seen BWFC as a top-flight team. Eventually, they may understand your point about the game plan being for 90 minute rather than each of the 45 minute sections.

At half time, I suggest you come out onto the pitch with RV's microphone and, should you notice folk booing, go up to them, intervewer style, and ask them to explain why they're booing, particularly as we don't gain or lose points for being in front or behind at the break.

I would suggest it's not the JCL'S but the sad old cunts,like the one in ESL who is forever shouting Get a man up .......... insert whoever is managing at the time...and for the record I heard no fucking booing so it must have been from the other side behind where the players sit.Fucking bunch of mongtards they are on that side. :shiftyninja:

People Simpletons see it as their right though as they've paid their money.

... and we all know how today's society likes to take full advantage of their rights.