Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Huddlesfield Away

Piemon

Me plus 15 on the Athy/Leyth jolly boys Xmas do. Breakfast in Bingley at 11. Was going to do the train, but only two carriages on't way back and 2k Bolton trying to get on made me reconsider.

Don't do Bingley,full of not rights,coke heads and serial killers. other than that it's not bad

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real ale trail is notoriously busy on Saturdays. And I mean busy.

Add Christmas shoppers, works' parties and a few hundred Bolton fans to the mix - chaos.

Police will be all over it too

Plenty of good pubs in Huddersfield town though.

Not the friendliest town.

The 4-0 defeat in August/early Sept early 90's was tasty.

• Site Supporter

Me plus 15 on the Athy/Leyth jolly boys Xmas do. Breakfast in Bingley at 11. Was going to do the train, but only two carriages on't way back and 2k Bolton trying to get on made me reconsider.

are you si adams mate?

met you in pendle witch the other week ?

pm me re brighton/palace.

by the way , i am going to drive now, instead of waiting for the 8pm train home.

• Site Supporter

The real ale trail is notoriously busy on Saturdays. And I mean busy.

Add Christmas shoppers, works' parties and a few hundred Bolton fans to the mix - chaos.

Police will be all over it too

Plenty of good pubs in Huddersfield town though.

Is the reason, opted for minibus. Spoke with the fat controller at Atherton Grand Central Station and he confirmed, only two carriage train from mcr vic to Huddersfield. In his words "won't put extra carriages on for piss pots and footy types"

• Site Supporter

are you si adams mate?

met you in pendle witch the other week ?

pm me re brighton/palace.

by the way , i am going to drive now, instead of waiting for the 8pm train home.

Is the very one and only. Can't do Brighton due to other commitments, will pm you re Palace

Talking out my (early morning arse), its actually Rastrick.

RASTRICK????

Fook'n hell lad, I hope you know a local? 'cos if you think Bingley's bad, these buggers are a whole new breed!!

Stay out of Brighouse aswell, they'll be a few old heads who can tell a tale on unfortunate stop by's there!! Made worse by the knuckle draggers who'd crawled down the hill from........ yep, you've guessed it....... Rastrick.

Is the reason, opted for minibus. Spoke with the fat controller at Atherton Grand Central Station and he confirmed, only two carriage train from mcr vic to Huddersfield. In his words "won't put extra carriages on for piss pots and footy types"

Trans Pennine Express is best bet from Manchester Oxford Rd. Take 37 minutes, cost 11 quid return if you want to avoid a crush on the ale trail. Beers in Manc or Huddersfield.

Gutted I can't go to this. Was looking forward to it as I lived in Huddersfield for 3 years. It's generally not a firendly town though... especially towards us from "o'er tops".

The town has got a real village mentality, for example when supping in Slaithwaite ('Slawit') and someone from Marsden comes into the pub then the locals will be muttering, "What's he doing down here?"

Strange, strange place.

It'll not be hard for anyone to find a bit of mither after the game if that's what they're after.

Edited by DazBobParr

Gutted I can't go to this. Was looking forward to it as I lived in Huddersfield for 3 years. It's generally not a firendly town though... especially towards us from "o'er tops".

The town has got a real village mentality, for example when supping in Slaithwaite ('Slawit') and someone from Marsden comes into the pub then the locals will be muttering, "What's he doing down here?"

Strange, strange place.

It'll not be hard for anyone to find a bit of mither after the game if that's what they're after.

i know their lads, be reet

that was midweek and they took 3000, burnley sold the whole lot 4000,this will sell out if we keep this little run going.

Huddersfield publish how many away fans turn up in the match reports on their official site, Burnley had 3016 and Blackburn less than 2000.