Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Boo Boys

gonzo

Booing a substitute entering the pitch before he's even kicked a ball,and was quite clearly put on due to an injury.

Booing David N'gog sporadically through the first half for no apparent reason.

Booing our strikers next few touches because he had the indecency to miss a chance.

Singing "gartside is a wanker" moments after we had scored an equaliser.

Is there anybody out there,that seriously thinks this is the way to go about things?

The look on my 69 year old dads face said it all,it screamed has it really come to this?....60+ years man and boy watching Bolton through thick and thin and he's surrounded by little urchins calling our chairman a wanker.

Is this what our support has become?

It's getting to the stage now where the cretins are outnumbering the decent supporters.

Pathetic,embarrassing and simply makes me think twice about wanting to bring my lad up to spend his Saturday afternoons surrounded by such pig-thick ignorant and all round shit people.

THIS!!!!!!! absolutely disgusted with the fans booing when knight came on, ok he's not been the best this season but we were still well in the game at that point and they did their best to make him think 'well why should i give a fook now then?'

really gets on my nerves when people think booing is going to improve a situation. surely getting behind them and giving them support is going to give us more of a chance.

Gonzo.

Some of them deserve it

It's that simple.

They do mate I know.

We are in dire straights.

But booing a sub entering the pitch?

Shouting "you shit bastard" when your goalkeeper takes a goal kick?

That's just not going to help IMO.

They should be all made to watch what I made you watch today! Haha

THIS!!!!!!! absolutely disgusted with the fans booing when knight came on, ok he's not been the best this season but we were still well in the game at that point and they did their best to make him think 'well why should i give a fook now then?'

really gets on my nerves when people think booing is going to improve a situation. surely getting behind them and giving them support is going to give us more of a chance.

Fair play to Knight though - he got on with it and looked pretty good up top.

Does anybody think that the booing is a result of sh her frustration ?

It might not be the best thing ti support the team, but was anyone that surprised when yet another individual fuck up cost us points ?

What are people who are genuinely upset about what they are seeing in front of them meant to do ?

The players should be putting themselves under pressure, if they can not cope with fans expressing their feelings then they really are not cut for their chosen profession.

Until their goal the crowd were trying to get behind the team, after the goal I watched the players and only medo was trying to rally them.

I actually thought other than in the final third we were ok yesterday, medo was outstanding.

I get the players are lacking confidence but the fans are fucked off and will always look for somewhere to let off steam.

Until their goal the crowd were trying to get behind the team, after the goal I watched the players and only medo was trying to rally them.

I'm sorry mate,but that's my point entirely.

Zat knight came on before they scored....they booed.

N'gog was booed sporadically throughout the first half...before they scored.

They booed n'gog going off...before they scored.

Fucking embarrassing.

When Yeovil score...yes do what you want,I called em all the names under the sun,but don't use them scoring as an opportunity to call the chairman a wanker.

We even fucking scored and they were still at it.

Show displeasure at the full time whistle,go to Euxton and have a word...do what you want,but don't heckle a player that's been thrown on to cover an injury.

I had no plans to leave early yesterday but after the sarcastic cheering the second time Bogdan made a simple catch after his howler me and my mate said fuck this and went. It's brainless. Mock an opposition keeper by all means but to mock one of your own is worse than booing imo. The Gartside out chants and sack the board stuff got me aswell. Not sure if this rumoured protest happened before the game or not but I know that around me the shouting only started when we went 1-0 down! Surely if you're that passionate about getting somebody removed and think it's a must for the club to turn things around short term, long term whatever, why wait til the 80th minute to voice it?

Edited by tshape

I had no plans to leave early yesterday but after the sarcastic cheering the second time Bogdan made a simple catch after his howler me and my mate said fuck this and went. It's brainless. Mock an opposition keeper by all means but to mock one of your own is worse than booing imo. The Gartside out chants and sack the board stuff got me aswell. Not sure if this rumoured protest happened before the game or not but I know that around me the shouting only started when we went 1-0 down! Surely if you're that passionate about getting somebody removed and think it's a must for the club to turn things around short term, long term whatever, why wait til the 80th minute to voice it?

Booing and mocking our own team is no incentive for our players to try harder not even after the final whistle it's pointless.

An ounce of encouragement is worth a ton of booing find a better way to express your feelings

• Site Supporter

Good shout

I've not read all the previous pages.

A proportion of Bolton fans really make my piss fizz.  What positive effect does booing a player have, especially when he is going through a bad run of form/confidence.

If they pull on a white shirt, they will get my backing.

The boo boys can fuck off and go watch United with all the other clueless cunts.

We're all hurting and frustrated, support the fucking team.

For some strange reason we all believe it's just our fans. I know many other club fans who actually go and are similarly disgusted themselves.

Booing players by Bolton fans has been a well know factor of our own support for as long as I have been a fan. I remember a group of fans booing Dave Leonard and Freddie Hill. Terry Wharton and Gareth Williams were also a target..

Some will remember Neil Whatmore, Roy Greaves and a few more from that era getting jeered so it's not just this crop of fans.

As for Adam bogden , he was sarcastically jeered as he attempted a goal kick!! acceptable from the opposition fans but not from ours.