Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tom Eaves - Shrewsbury Update

salop wanderer

I said I'd keep everyone (those interested, that is) updated on the progress of young Tom at Shrewsbury Town as I do all the club's website reports. He scored two in three minutes last night in a fortuitous 3-2 win and is really enjoying his time at the GM. Here's my report:

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?matchid=3519856

I said I'd keep everyone (those interested, that is) updated on the progress of young Tom at Shrewsbury Town as I do all the club's website reports. He scored two in three minutes last night in a fortuitous 3-2 win and is really enjoying his time at the GM. Here's my report:

http://www.shrewsbur...matchid=3519856

Any links to the goals mate, recorded ssn last night but they didn't show these goals for some reason, cnuts

Biggish Dave - the 2nd was a beaut. Was right behind it and keeper stood no chance. Mind you, the two goals aside he was fairly quiet although he did go close late on. Oh, and he's cack in the air, or is that Chris I'm thinking of? Finally, are you Biggish cos you're rather portly, or is it an abbv. 'cos you're a Big Issue seller? Just curious.

Was this his first game?

If not, general comments on overall performances so far? Goals to games, general play etc?

Do you think he'll make the grade, usual stato & opinion analysis please.

Only seen him int' stiffs, v City. Control was good but distribution poor, has this improved?

Thanks in advance.

Biggish Dave - the 2nd was a beaut. Was right behind it and keeper stood no chance. Mind you, the two goals aside he was fairly quiet although he did go close late on. Oh, and he's cack in the air, or is that Chris I'm thinking of? Finally, are you Biggish cos you're rather portly, or is it an abbv. 'cos you're a Big Issue seller? Just curious.

Both....but his sellings take him all over the World..........last I heard he missed his flight back from Russia !

Tom has played 5 times and has scored three - each one from outside the box. The pitches he's probably used to playing on will be a degree higher than some of the grounds (especially ours which is usually excellent) so hard to judge in terms of control. Personally, for a big lad I think he's got potential as his touch can sometimes be quite impressive and he has good awareness of players around him. He doesn't suit the lone strikers role playing with his back to goal and all too often last night when we needed it to stick up top at 3-2 with 10 mins left he lost possession. But his goals at stadium mk were quite exceptional when he pretty much bullied their centre backs to create the openings. Graham Turner has said there's no chance of Tom coming to Town permanently but he will benefit from playing League football. He's got an eye for goal I've no doubt about that, but he's a bit raw so my opinion is that he will make Championship level at best - but not yet as he's a work in progress. Finally, he's incredibly poor for one so tall in the air. More updates to follow

• Site Supporter

Both....but his sellings take him all over the World..........last I heard he missed his flight back from Russia !

Cost me a bastard fortune to get back from that - £600 business class :blush:

Think i'm also needing to drop the 'ish' too - or get back in the gym!

I think a certain Philoppio de closio had a hand in giving you your illustrious title at fuengarola airport... We'll meet again.. Don't know where don't know when , but I know we'll meet again some Sunny day!!!!......

Ps don't ever become littlish we've already got one...ur a legend pal!

I think a certain Philoppio de closio had a hand in giving you your illustrious title at fuengarola airport... We'll meet again.. Don't know where don't know when , but I know we'll meet again some Sunny day!!!!......

Ps don't ever become littlish we've already got one...ur a legend pal!

And cheers to you

Take it easy tomorrow because we are leaving EARLY for Ipswich and you need to get to Cheltenham so I can pick you and Belly up

• 3 weeks later...